Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saved my brother one night. After taking a load of pills and vodka, he thankfully decided against it. Got there just as he was passing out.

Those who know my brother will tell you he comes across as anything but unhappy/depressed. Thankfully, he's only had one slight episode since, but that nagging doubt is always there for me and my family.

I would imagine, those that commit suicide are neither selfish nor brave, nor weak.
I just think they've got to a point in their lives where they cannot see any other way out of their problems, other than to end their lives.
I really don't think that they even consider the implications of their actions, and how it will impact on loved ones they leave behind.
They seem to be totally focused on finding a way out of their torment.
It's often been stated, that the hours before somebody ends their life, that they seem totally relaxed and happy, giving no outward clues, that they'll be soon ending their life.
I think the appearance of seeming to be happy, is that they have come to terms with bringing about an end to their torment.
Spot on.

My best friend killed himself nearly 10 years ago now. Threw himself in front of a train. You don’t realise how many lives it affects. I’m only really starting to realise how much it messed me up in ways I would never have known. Not brave or selfish just very very sad. I still miss him incredibly much and know things would have turned a corner. I’ll probably lie awake half the night now going over things. For the millionth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back