Suicide

Selfish or brave?

I've always thought it was really brave but just heard a friend of the family has done it (and left behind two little uns) and I can see why some would class it as a selfish act now.

I wouldn’t have the balls to do it and I also don’t think it’s a brave choice.

If I were to choose a word, it would be sad.

I do feel sorry for those who are in a place in life where this is considered a viable option.

Neither brave nor selfish. It simply is. When your brains out of kilter that much that it seems the only option, as daft as it may seem to us or me when i`m ok it seems like the most rational thing in the world.
And as someone who has had family do it the mess left behind is horrendous, not just the phsyical mess of stuff to sort out but the emotional mess heartbreak and unanswered questions

I wouldn’t have the balls to do it and I also don’t think it’s a brave choice.

If I were to choose a word, it would be sad.

I do feel sorry for those who are in a place in life where this is considered a viable option.
Spot on mate. It’s sad that’s great way to sum it really.

Selfish or brave?

I've always thought it was really brave but just heard a friend of the family has done it (and left behind two little uns) and I can see why some would class it as a selfish act now.
Ffs man. How old.

Selfish or brave?

It's both. I've had good mates do it. God only knows the turmoil people go through when they come to the conclusion that it's the only sensible (to them) way out. Tragic.

1. Condolences to your friends of the family DM. Must be grim.

2. Always thought it's a bit risky myself. if it went wrong ....What if you stayed alive but ended up worse off like crippled or brain damaged? :cry:

Hardly brave is it, I don't know why anyone would think it was brave unless they were just starting a click bait style thread.

Ffs man. How old.

Just gone 30. Always seemed full of life.

1. Condolences to your friends of the family DM. Must be grim.

2. Always thought it's a bit risky myself. if it went wrong ....What if you stayed alive but ended up worse off like crippled or brain damaged? :cry:

Cheers marra. I wasn't close to him really, but was good for a pint if I saw him. My mam is close to their lot though, she's shocked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of both. Selfish as you’re passing the pain on to those who love you the most. Not that you would be able to see things that clearly when heading down that route.
As someone else said it’s ultimately incredibly sad.

It's both. I've had good mates do it. God only knows the turmoil people go through when they come to the conclusion that it's the only sensible (to them) way out. Tragic.

Guess I've always thought it was brave as it goes against our natural instinct and I'd definitely not have the balls.

Stooping to a new low with this like.

What the fuck you slavering on about?

Back