Stumbling upon film sets.

Thought I'd walked past a Dark Justice snare being recorded outside Wilkos in town a few weeks ago. Bloke with a camera right up in this old guy's face, a couple of others stood around behind him.

Walking past again about five minutes later they were interviewing the bloke running the fruit and veg stall opposite. Nee sign of the owld perv getting lifted.

Bit weird so I just went back to work.

back in the 70's, during our summer holidays we stumbled in/out of all the crews who were filming A Bridge Too Far. Somebody told us (although can't remember him being there back then) that Edward Fox had shared a cup of coffee/tea with us during a filming break.

Few years back exited London Bridge tube and headed towards Borough market. Noticed straight away that roads were blocked with a heavy presence of stewards. Then heard really loud gun shots and thought holy shit what the fucks going on here.
Turns out they were filming 24 with Kiefer Sutherland so I made my way through, stood outside market porter pub with a beer watching him do his stuff. Was really interesting watching it being made.

back in the 70's, during our summer holidays we stumbled in/out of all the crews who were filming A Bridge Too Far. Somebody told us (although can't remember him being there back then) that Edward Fox had shared a cup of coffee/tea with us during a filming break.
I love a bit Edward Fox me.

Walked around Bridlington old town a couple of times, it was used in the Dads Army film with Toby Jones. Some of the shop fronts are still as they were in the film.

Harry Potter at Durham Cathedral. My mate had some keys that got him anyway in the Cathedral due to some work he was doing. We went out to this bit of grass that had all of the owls on and he'd been feeding them Quavers all week. We got some free food in the catering tent and watched some scenes getting filmed.

I wandered onto set when they were filming Sex and the City in Manhattan. I was out walking the dog with my music on... They weren't best chuffed like,
I did similar wandered through the set of Vera last year on the quayside, they were all shouting at me but couldn’t hear due to music
They weren’t happy either and I didn’t even have a dog to blame

In Bhutan I stayed in the same hotel as the entire crew of Little Buddha. I met Bernardo Bertolucci on the stairs, and spent an evening drinking in the bar with Chris Isaak.
I was coming down from the Tigers Nest,i was one of the first ones up that day,i wasn't puffing and panting as I had just done ABC and EBC over the last 3 months in Nepal so I was haring along,even climbed the ridge about the tigers nest,anyway coming down and passed Brad pitt going up,just past that halfway stop,the little restaurant type place.Competed against the guy who had taught keira knightley archery when she was in paro,i actually didn't do so badly against him.
Been in a Jackie chan movie,saw van Damme filming in Hong Kong,Double Impact I think,saw Steven siegal walking around wanchai wet-market in a really heavy jacket sweating like a pig.
Visited all of the apocalypse now locations on Luzon in the PI including the Charlie don't surf beach at Baler.
I live right next to Shepperton studios seen a few stars,was in Twickenham when Ray Winston was filming in machine mart for that hatton garden movie

About an hour ago.

There’s a lovely section of singletrack over a Drumlin just downstream of Low Force. There’s barrier tape preventing access to the path and then when I took a different route past the farm on the main road, there’s a crew getting ready for filming. Not sure what it’s for.

I was coming down from the Tigers Nest,i was one of the first ones up that day,i wasn't puffing and panting as I had just done ABC and EBC over the last 3 months in Nepal so I was haring along,even climbed the ridge about the tigers nest,anyway coming down and passed Brad pitt going up,just past that halfway stop,the little restaurant type place.Competed against the guy who had taught keira knightley archery when she was in paro,i actually didn't do so badly against him.
Been in a Jackie chan movie,saw van Damme filming in Hong Kong,Double Impact I think,saw Steven siegal walking around wanchai wet-market in a really heavy jacket sweating like a pig.
Visited all of the apocalypse now locations on Luzon in the PI including the Charlie don't surf beach at Baler.
I live right next to Shepperton studios seen a few stars,was in Twickenham when Ray Winston was filming in machine mart for that hatton garden movie
I used to drink in the Barley Mow and the Harrow near the studios and the only famousy type person I saw was that bloke off Bread who directed Sliding Doors.

My ex worked at the studios and once abruptly told Robert Redford he had to wait his turn at reception as she was so thick she had no idea who he was. About the time of the Horse Whisperer I guess.

I think the horse whisperer was before my time,i saw robson green and hugh grant getting flowers from sues florist which used to be down at sunbury cross shopping centre,saw Edward woodward (the equaliser) a few times shopping in Walton before his death,saw Michael aspell often as he still lives in the area,the ginger haired one from girls allowed is often in Weybridge,seen cliff Richard there and max Clifford always used to have his breakfast in café one bistro before his imprisonment,saw peter andre the other week in Epsom high street,robbie out of EastEnders aka dean Gaffney is always local as his twins live nearby,they are just people,most people don't take much notice of them to be honest,saw harry and megan in Windsor.

I think the horse whisperer was before my time,i saw robson green and hugh grant getting flowers from sues florist which used to be down at sunbury cross shopping centre,saw Edward woodward (the equaliser) a few times shopping in Walton before his death,saw Michael aspell often as he still lives in the area,the ginger haired one from girls allowed is often in Weybridge,seen cliff Richard there and max Clifford always used to have his breakfast in café one bistro before his imprisonment,saw peter andre the other week in Epsom high street,robbie out of EastEnders aka dean Gaffney is always local as his twins live nearby,they are just people,most people don't take much notice of them to be honest,saw harry and megan in Windsor.
I went to school in Shepperton for a few years. On lunch once we left an insulting note under the wipers of Cliff Richard’s yellow roller MANY years back when he was snotty to a mate outside an opticians near the station. Nearly got detention for that. ;)

Shepperton isn't bad to be honest,i just went past it this morning,remember in the movie Buster phil collings character buster Edwards says to his wife june when she asks where Shepperton is "Its in the country,you'll love it".I was in waitrose a few years back in Cobham saw jose Mourinho with a guy both standing outside chatting on the pavement,quite a few known personages live local.

Anyone found any interesting ones? Came across two in an hour when down in London for the play offs. "Gangs of London" was filming on the green opposite the Cricketers pub just outside Kew Gardens and Silent Witness were filming around the lake in Gunnersby Park.

@Miltonnoonfez was nailing some broad (Wembley weekend) in the same bed as Hugh Grant nailed that lass he was after in 4 Weddings and a Funeral. It was a pub in Amersham and apparently the sheets and mattress have never been changed!

Something similar.
Walking down Westgate Road big crowd on the pavement, pushed my way through into a gap. There was a news film crew recording an interview with Jeremy Irons outside the Tyneside Theatre walked in front of both the camera and him.

Also played darts with Superman, Christopher Reeves in a pub in Ivor Heath next to the film studios on a Sunday lunchtime.

Last edited:

Back