Stumbling upon film sets.

get carter when a young un, at cokeworks when they cleaned coke with water all this steam would come off and cross road. me & a few mates would run across road in background when steam came out messing shot up.

wire in the blood, robson got kidnapped in local garage , couldn't buy paper.

some kids program when walking dog, all these tree's on trolleys and built a den in trees and had crash mats and where doing some fighting, went back when finished but they had unplanted the posh tree's :lol: tree's where too posh for hebburn :p

get carter when a young un, at cokeworks when they cleaned coke with water all this steam would come off and cross road. me & a few mates would run across road in background when steam came out messing shot up.

wire in the blood, robson got kidnapped in local garage , couldn't buy paper.

some kids program when walking dog, all these tree's on trolleys and built a den in trees and had crash mats and where doing some fighting, went back when finished but they had unplanted the posh tree's :lol: tree's where too posh for hebburn :p

I was the location contact for some of the Wire in the Blood filming back in the day (they used the school I taught in). All of the props / set etc would be delivered beforehand, and I will always remember her ringing me up and asking where she should put the 14 foot fibre-glass tree that had just been delivered to Reception. I stayed professional.

I was at plaza España in Seville yesterday. Famous for a Star Wars scene irrc

I was working in Liverpool when they filmed that film with Meryl Streep that was set in 40s America. They had all the people in costume, a taxi cab then some drunk local wandered through with a plastic bag wearing a tracksuit.

It happens a few times a week here in the Hollywood of the North. John Cena was here filming a couple of weeks back but I didn’t see him.
No one could

Last edited:
I was was climbing Rocky Hill over at Tunstall years back when I noticed Clint Eastwood filming The Eiger Sanction on the north face.

Came across a zombie film being filmed in Banbury a few years back. No idea what it was, but there was loads of the living dead sitting around having coffee. Thought I'd stumbled into Shields. Boom-tish!

The filming of the Worlds End in welwyn garden city.

Got onto the red carpet for Iron Man III in Leicester Square, was suited up and met a friend around the corner for a couple of pints, wanted to get to the Yates in the corner. Walked up to a security guard, asked how to get over there and pointed at the Pub, he asked if I had any ID so showed him my work pass - let’s me through and next thing I’m on the red carpet with Don Cheadle just in front of me.

That’s when I got chucked out by another security guard who realised I wasn’t meant to be there.

The filming of the The Worlds End was in Letchworth garden city.

The filming of the The Worlds End was in Letchworth garden city.

It was in Welwyn Garden City, took over 4 pubs there for it.

The robot statue was in Welwyn Garden City on the grass up to the shopping centre. They took over The Doctors Tonic, The Parkway, The Cork and The Peartree. One was used as two pubs on the pub crawl (joke about faceless chain pubs, think it was the Pear Tree).

It was in Welwyn Garden City, took over 4 pubs there for it.

The robot statue was in Welwyn Garden City on the grass up to the shopping centre. They took over The Doctors Tonic, The Parkway, The Cork and The Peartree. One was used as two pubs on the pub crawl (joke about faceless chain pubs, think it was the Pear Tree).

Pub crawl movie The World's End filmed in former 'dry town'
The Gardener's Arms in Wilbury Hills Road was renamed The World's End for the film

'Dry' town irony of pub crawl film

So both then

I never said it wasn’t in Letchworth, just the bits they filmed in Welwyn Garden City, I was there working for Tesco at the time and was in the same hotel as a lot of the crew.

And when you’re working away in a town that only has 5 or 6 pubs and 4 of them are off limits for filming, then you notice!

Last edited:

Back