Stumbling upon film sets.

Inadvertently walked through a set when they were filming an advert for HSBC in Portsmouth about 20 years ago. Woman with a megaphone shouted at me and I stuck my two fingers up and carried on walking.

Shame that probably ended up on the cutting room floor.
Would’ve made a good advert if they’d kept it in

I used to live near s place called Earlestown in the North West.

I was watching telly one night and recognised the market place in the town centre being used as a post apocalyptic representation of human disaster in an episode of Survivors or something. They didn’t need ANY scene decoration.

Someone is filming in Bolton town centre atm, the trucks are parked behind the town hall every day. Our lass reckons it’s one of the women out of Friends ina new drama but she hasn’t spotted anyone.

Coronation Street sometimes do outdoor shots in Bolton centre, outside a supposed court room was one of them

My missus is from Holmfirth and shortly after she passed her test she nearly took out a compo and bath tub contraption. They'd forgotten to close a road as they thought it belonged to a farm. She got his autograph.

Anyone found any interesting ones? Came across two in an hour when down in London for the play offs. "Gangs of London" was filming on the green opposite the Cricketers pub just outside Kew Gardens and Silent Witness were filming around the lake in Gunnersby Park.
Walked into the set of captain jack (bob Hoskins) in Whitby. I’m on the end scene where jack turns up and gets arrest he hugs Maureen lipman. Me and my ex (heavily pregnant) are beside the police car. Ventress from heartbeat is the cop.

Last edited:
I was going to catch the train home from work at Newcastle Central Station and when I was walking over the bridge who should I see but Jimmy Nail filming, I assume it was Spender. I watched for a while until they started filming a scene then shouted 'SHE'S LYING!' and they had to do another take :lol:

:lol::lol:

The scene at the end of the last episode of Skins has a lass hanged from a tree. It was filmed in Cheshire and there was a bit of trouble at the time cos some walkers came across it and thought it was real.

Liverpool last summer round the Liver and Cunard building. They had the streets all set up to look like New York - were filming that Netflix Crown thing.

Oh and that time they were filming that transformers thing in Grey st in Newcastle.

Oh and inadvertently stumbled into Police Interceptors when they were picking some scumbag up on the terrace in Murton :cool:

When I was a kid in Tynemouth we used to ride our bikes around and we'd watch them filming Supergran on Front Street, The Priory, Collingwoods Monument and all that.

I work at Waverley station and they were building the set for infinity war next to our crew room for weeks and then weeks worth of filming. When I watched it the scenes lasted about 10 mins. Vision black widow and cap were there most nights. Couldn't get near them for pics or autograph like. Was weird seeing a huge metal girder being picked up by some geezer like it didn't weigh anything. Turns out it was made of foam but looked pretty real.
Their security lads would have to wrestle me off her

Anyone found any interesting ones? Came across two in an hour when down in London for the play offs. "Gangs of London" was filming on the green opposite the Cricketers pub just outside Kew Gardens and Silent Witness were filming around the lake in Gunnersby Park.
Good pub that, worked in that area. Loved it.

Wouldn't let me down a road in Toronto to the pub because they were filming The Flash. I was furious.

Back