Stumbling upon film sets.

just remembered...

During my basic training we were on an exercise miles from anywhere on dartmoor. we'd been hiking for a couple of days and it was absolutely torrential, so we were soaked to the skin as was most of our gear.

we'd just walked into this valley and came across a film crew filming this period drama (actors in Victorian costumes, horses and carts etc).
we just walked by each other, didn't say a word but just acknowledged each other. it was hard to work out who was more miserable...

happy days!

Were you mining for Opals :lol:

Nah tour of the outback. Odd place.

Crazy guy with an opal shop was trying to sell the group stuff and no one was buying. Then he just casually drops do you want to look at my pets?

So we go and this nut job is also a dangerous animal removal expert with records for spending time locked cases with venomous snakes.

Picked out a brown snake from its case, but had funnel web spiders, red backs, shit load of other snakes. Desert makes you crazy i guess

just been up to Scotland for a few weeks (Perth, Pitlochry, all way up to Inverness, Forres, etc) ... also did a bit of cycling... came south of Newtonmore (Cairngorms) along the road that runs parallel with main route (A9) close to river Spey and bumped into a huge film set... they were all a bit secretive (excuse the pun) but local farmer confirmed it was for Bond 25... so new film will have more scenes from his home country :cool:

Back