Strauss and his stupid ideas....

Except they aren't. Some test players aren't the best t20 players but are still the face of it. And this isn't even about targeting the best players with more pay, its specifically England Internationals

I think it’s fair to say, more than fair to say that the current test team players, especially in the last year and the confidence they currently have,if they played in the the hundred this year it would improve the quality overall, not sure how that can be disputed tbh??

Last edited:

I think it’s fair to say more than fair say that the current test team players if they played in the the hundred this year it would improve the quality, not sure how that can be disputed tbh??
Most of the good ones already did.it was only stokes who is pieced together these days and bairstow who didn't. They play too much international cricket already, and are expected to go from an ashes series immediately into the 100 then onto an odi series straight after the 100. Meanwhile county clubs that actually do employ them never see them.

Most of the good ones already did.it was only stokes who is pieced together these days and bairstow who didn't. They play too much international cricket already, and are expected to go from an ashes series immediately into the 100 then onto an odi series straight after the 100. Meanwhile county clubs that actually do employ them never see them.

I take your point mate, about too much cricket and it’s certainly unfortunate that the hundred follows straight after The Ashes, so yeah that an issue this year agreed.

But if The Hundred going to be a success going forward it needs as much quality as possible as has failed to deliver on the top quality that was originally envisaged.

As for your last point top England players are not county players have not been for several years now, they England players

The days of top England players playing a decent amount of county cricket has gone imo

Cricket lovers know what they like and can't be brainwashed into being told what to like.

It was a stupid idea and no amount of gimmicks is going to improve its popularity.

I feel the ECB really do want to bail out but they will probably go bust for breaching the various contracts tied up in this.

Trouble is they will probably go bust if they keep sticking with it.

Lose-Lose. Except for the two ECB chiefs in charge at the time of inception.

A complete omnishambles.

I think we just need another big marketing push, let's say another £10m? Seems reasonable.

Let's get an even bigger bucket of glitter to roll this turd in.

George Dobell says in the cricketer that the losses could be closer to £60m

If that's true then domestic cricket could be fcked.

I see that Gould bloke, who opposed the 16.4 at Surrey, has changed his tune now he's in power at the ECB. Surprise sur-f***ing-prise :rolleyes:

Perhaps unsurprising now he’s on the team. But he does seem to say that the plan to reduce CC games is now dead in the water.

Perhaps unsurprising now he’s on the team. But he does seem to say that the plan to reduce CC games is now dead in the water.

That's good to hear. Maybe the ECB will realise that county cricket supporters don't just roll over and play tickle-belly.

We know what we like and it ain't cricket done It's a Knockout style.

Back