Stokes Family Abused

You do realise that if it became law they’d be suitably funded.......
Sucking on the teat of the state, run by the state to suppress stories. No thanks.

Just read something on twitter.

Not that long ago it was reported (I don't know by which newspaper) that Andy Murray was a Dublane survivor. It was an interesting fact but should that have been published? I presume AM and parents and quite a few other people including ex-teachers suffered some kind of trauma at the time, nightmares etc, and maybe later. The reporting of it after such a time lapse could have potentially been very troubling for some.

So was it fair to report that fact?

Newspaper report bad things. It's what they do.

I haven’t read all of the thread, have they actually told lies?

Genuine question

It’s a scummy thing to publish obviously. And not newsworthy. Is it not factually correct?
“The article also contains serious inaccuracies which has compounded the damage” - from Stokes’ statement on his twitter page.

Doesn’t sound like it is factually correct from that.

Sucking on the teat of the state, run by the state to suppress stories. No thanks.

Not that long ago it was reported (I don't know by which newspaper) that Andy Murray was a Dublane survivor. It was an interesting fact but should that have been published? I presume AM and parents and quite a few other people including ex-teachers suffered some kind of trauma at the time, nightmares etc, and maybe later. The reporting of it after such a time lapse could have potentially been very troubling for some.

Who makes the rules? Everyone is up in arms today because we are all big Ben Stokes fans and there's no doubt he's been treated appallingly. But plenty of ordinary people have their tragedies picked over by the media - and not just the news media, also broadcasting and entertainment. How many people listened to that podcast about serial killers? How many people have watched documentaries or drama shows about real life murders? There's about ten on the Yorkshire Ripper or the Moors murders alone? There was that one recently about Fred West too - Dominic West won an award! Every one of these is guaranteed to be hurting people affected, families who have survived.

I was never saying Stokes wasn't unfairly treated by the Sun, not at all. But there is a huge business making entertainment out of peoples' tragedies and I would be f***ing amazed if anyone on this thread was so pure as to not have indulged in it at some point. If people weren't into it, then the Sun wouldn't exist - they've always been like this. This story definitely makes you think harder about that, that's all I was saying. And that most people can't fight back like Stokes has today.

Andy Murray has talked about it, hows it the same?

Mate your view on this is pretty bizarre like.

Nick Parker has form for phone hacking hasn’t he ?

Absolutely, just saying before he is good mates with Piers Morgan who made a big deal of out defending him in 2014 when it came out, whose silence is now defining

These blokes are still working and the executives are still running it, its scandalous really

Annoyed in Archer on going on his show tomorrow

Absolutely, just saying before he is good mates with Piers Morgan who made a big deal of out defending him in 2014 when it came out, whose silence is now defining

These blokes are still working and the executives are still running it, its scandalous really

Annoyed in Archer on going on his show tomorrow
Harsh on Archer.

Morgan is a twat. A complete bellend. But he didn’t do this. You can’t punish for association

Harsh on Archer.

Morgan is a twat. A complete bellend. But he didn’t do this. You can’t punish for association

Sorry like but you can, don't feed gobshites like Morgan

He defended him publicly many times but won't defend Stokes publicly.

Morgan went mental criticising Sterling over his tattoos and defending the rags over the racist shite they posted about him shouldn't be associating with him. Its poor.

Morgan will 100% agree with The Sun's decision, he is an ex red top editor, he ran similar stories himself and always defends them over issues like this.

Sorry like but you can, don't feed gobshites like Morgan

He defended him publicly many times but won't defend Stokes publicly.

Morgan went mental criticising Sterling over his tattoos and defending the rags over the racist shite they posted about him shouldn't be associating with him. Its poor.

Morgan will 100% agree with The Sun's decision, he is an ex red top editor, he ran similar stories himself and always defends them over issues like this.
Morgan is a twat as I mentioned.

But he hasn’t done anything today. He can’t do someone for association

I think you can like, not appearing on his show is hardly a big public thing, just dont go on.

I love Stokes but he needs to think who he associates with.
Its not Stokes tho. It’s Archer

I think it’s crazy to think that you think Archer would boycott something because someone has not said something about the Stokes situation

It’s too many steps removed

I have no idea what the story is about and have no inclination to either. I read Ben's response on the BBC Sport website, though, which also mentioned The Sun saying it was public record. So if it's already out there, there's absolutely no need to muck rake, voyeurs can find out without their reader grubbing, shitstirring brand of scum journalism.

I hope Ben finds who harangued his mother, in particular, and see how much they would enjoy having their privacy involuntarily invaded to the point of intimidation.

Back