Still not spent any actual cash yet....

OP will be red raw at all the attention he’s getting for posting bollocjs again.

Didn’t he admit he doesn’t go to games?
He doesn’t go to games as he lives in Australia iirc.
He might be a complete imbecile but not going to games is not something that can be held against him.

He doesn’t go to games as he lives in Australia iirc.
He might be a complete imbecile but not going to games is not something that can be held against him.

Fair enough.

He’s still an absolute whopper though. Posts deliberate shite to get bites.

Spoils the board.

Don’t reply to him, don’t feed him, lack of attention might do it
We had this conversation last January when I said to you that the business we were doing then wasn’t good enough. You asked me if I’d be happier if we signed Grigg, I agreed it would be a big improvement if we did. But, we don’t strengthen in the areas we need to and we’re doing the same again.
Ignore me yes, but don’t ignore facts. Lowest league position ever should tell you otherwise.

We had this conversation last January when I said to you that the business we were doing then wasn’t good enough. You asked me if I’d be happier if we signed Grigg, I agreed it would be a big improvement if we did. But, we don’t strengthen in the areas we need to and we’re doing the same again.
Ignore me yes, but don’t ignore facts. Lowest league position ever should tell you otherwise.

time will tell if Ross has learnt lessons from last season, let's hope he has. In my opinion he is a decent bloke and deserves another chance this season, as for not spending money, it appears we don't have much but is it really necessary to get out of this league? As long as the organisation is there and the fight then we will be ok, saying that we need to improve strength pace and goalscoring from our forwards, but we all know that. We need a striker, what we would give for another gem like SKP, I guess the closest to him right now is Maupay at Brentford...sigh

time will tell if Ross has learnt lessons from last season, let's hope he has. In my opinion he is a decent bloke and deserves another chance this season, as for not spending money, it appears we don't have much but is it really necessary to get out of this league? As long as the organisation is there and the fight then we will be ok, saying that we need to improve strength pace and goalscoring from our forwards, but we all know that. We need a striker, what we would give for another gem like SKP, I guess the closest to him right now is Maupay at Brentford...sigh

If we were throwing silly cash about posters will be moaning we've learnt nothing from the past

Having got shit of Catts thought the op,would least be happy

That's the thing, at this level, there's no shortage of decent players who may or may not be under contract. Unless we need to, why waste cash on fees?

It seems a smarter way of buying..like you say there's plenty of decent players out of contract..so the money goes more to the player than the club..which perhaps sweetens their feelings about moving up North.. luckily for us lower league teams are unwilling to offer longer and better contracts.

Hopefully Maddison is an incoming transfer. Think him and McGeady on the wings at this level will be brilliant support for Grigg/Wyke.

I would be over the moon if we landed him...and my spider sense tells me we will.

Last edited:
Don’t care if we pay a transfer or not, if good players are available on frees then that’s just good business. We spent 4million on Wyke and Grigg when we should have been signing Lyle Taylor on a free.

Just need to identify the correct player, money means nothing unless they are going to improve the team. The defence has had some decent improvement so far, we still have a very decent attack on paper with Grigg, Wyke, Maguire, McGeady, Watmore and Benji to choose from. It’s the midfield that feels lacking. Height, pace and power missing somewhat but who could fill that role I have no idea.

Back