Still not spent any actual cash yet....

When will people realise it's about signing the right players not spending money.

We are in League one. I think the club have had a good week with positive news about McLaughlin and McGeady. The Willis signing on paper seems to be a superb one.

The fact we haven't spent money is not a concern.

The fact that the first team isn't yet any better should be.

That's bullshit.

Willis seems to be a massive upgrade on the chuckle brothers

When will people realise it's about signing the right players not spending money.

We are in League one. I think the club have had a good week with positive news about McLaughlin and McGeady. The Willis signing on paper seems to be a superb one.

That's bullshit.

Willis seems to be a massive upgrade on the chuckle brothers

What’s the McLaughlin news?

The fact we haven't spent money is not a concern

The fact that the first team isn't yet any better should be.

Central half certainly looks stronger in Willis... I'd also say McLaughlin is a good addition at RB / RWB.

3 good additions for this level (incluing Burge) with very little outlay, Catts (who will be a miss) & Loves wages off the books with Geads committing. It's not been a bad few days at all.

Critical we get some strength and athleticism in CM in addition to another attacking midfielder & we'll have had a great window.

No idea but I’m quite happy with the signings we’ve made so far. Still time for more.
Have we actually payed a transfer fee?I know at this level most signings are free transfers because nobody has any money at this level and all moneys are spent keeping the wolf from the door..that been said we are supposed to be aiming for 100 points and i dont think fishing amongst the free transfers or last season contract players is the most ideal approach as the pool of such players is a tad arbitrary . A professional approach would have been to sit down with the board ,Ross and the scouts and decide what are the targets for the season ahead and look at our team ans see the positions available for improvemet and set a list of targets (some might involve a transfer fee)and its up to the recruitment team to try and get those targets.
We appear not to be doing that.We appear to have decided areas of inprovement but are simply casting our nets in a very limited pool of free transfers to fill the gaps in our squad and hoping some of them will do the job!Its not a professional approach of a club aiming for 100 pointsand if we have grigg and wyke in the team as our strikeforce you can kiss 100 points goodbye!There is however enough time to sign some top players for this level ,we all know who they are but they will involve a transfer fee and that whatever they say is the problem!

Last edited:
Have we actually payed a transfer fee?I know at this level most signings are free transfers because nobody has any money at this level and all moneys are spent keeping the wolf from the door..that been said we are supposed to be aiming for 100 points and i dont think fishing amongst the free transfers or last season contract players is the most ideal approach as the pool of such players is a tad arbitrary . A professional approach would have been to sit down with the board ,Ross and the scouts and decide what are the targets for the season ahead and look at our team ans see the positions available for improvemet and set a list of targets (some might involve a transfer fee)and its up to the recruitment team to try and get those targets.
We appear not to be doing that.We appear to have decided areas of inprovement but are simply casting our nets in a very limited pool of free transfers to fill the gaps in our squad and hoping some of them will do the job!Its not a professional approach of a club aiming for 100 pointsand if we have grigg and wyke in the team as our strikeforce you can kiss 100 points goodbye!There is however enough time to sign some top players for this level ,we all know who they are but they will involve a transfer fee and that whatever they say is the problem!

I hear you but I’m choosing to wait till the window is closed before I get worried. Whether we make 100 points or not, Sunderland are still my team and will always have my support.

I hear you but I’m choosing to wait till the window is closed before I get worried. Whether we make 100 points or not, Sunderland are still my team and will always have my support.
I hear you also fella .....As long as i am physically able to and can afford to do so i will support any eleven players on the pitch wearing safc colours...That said that does not mean that the management and owners get a free pass from critique!We hear statements for the club that we are in a good financial position and that we are aiming for 100 points ..All i want is evidence of a professional plan to meet the 100 points target and to disabuse me from the notion that we are just looking at our team and trying to offload the higher earners in every position and peplacing with cheaper and if im being honest not as good players.

People will say we have given geedy an extra year on his contract as evidence of targeted spending ........ i would suggest it might allow us to get a bigger transfer fee for him...time will tell who is right as time and the mighty hindsight always cuts through the bullshit............We will know better come the end of the transfer window what team we have and the acumen and quality of our owners!

Last edited:
I hear you also fella .....As long as i am physically able to and can afford to do so i will support any eleven players on the pitch wearing safc colours...That said that does not mean that the management and owners get a free pass from critique!We hear statements for the club that we are in a good financial position and that we are aiming for 100 points ..All i want is evidence of a professional plan to meet the 100 points target and to disabuse me from the notion that we are just looking at our team and trying to offload the higher earners in every position and peplacing with cheaper and if im being honest not as good players.

People will say we have given geedy an extra year on his contract as evidence of targeted spending ........ i would suggest it might allow us to get a bigger transfer fee for him...time will tell who is right as time and the mighty hindsight always cuts through the bullshit............We will know better come the end of the transfer window what team we have and the acumen and quality of our owners!

I still think we will spend money. SD is very clever with what he is doing and I have trust in him to get us back to the Championship at least. I’m starting to look forward to this season coming up and starting to get a sneaky feeling that we will get promoted. I’m not bothered about 100 points, I just want promotion. The only doubts I have are with JR, hopefully he can put them to bed.

Got to be a piss take 3 good free transfers we need 2 more signings and this team will be very strong attacking midfielder and a winger and we will be laughing

Get Maddison, the Walsall lad and Donny forward and that should more than do it, plus get rid Oviedo, Balders and maybe GH to balance it all up.

Back