Steve Davison - update

If no one was being sacked, then they'd have no need to reference the restrictions imposed by employment law, would they?

I expect to see someone leave in the summer.
Whatever people want to hear, I'm fairly sure the law will prevent employers publishing employees disciplinary records and rightly so.

If no one was being sacked, then they'd have no need to reference the restrictions imposed by employment law, would they?

I expect to see someone leave in the summer.
Tbf, they could have issued formal warnings etc. and still mention legal restrictions.

Tbf its gross negligence (imo)
It made national (and international) news, such was the absurdity of the decision made by the people at the club.
The name of the person / persons involved may not be allowed legally to be given by the club, but certainly action by the club , including sacking imo could be seen as reasonable, such was the damage made by the individual/s concerned.

I still can't believe that it happend and how can someone who made that decision be trusted within the club now - so imo that is a good enough reason to get rid legally
To us as fans yes, in the eyes of an employer no. Ultimately, he's made a decision that has ramifications but as per his job, he hasn't actually done anything sackable. Taking all emotion out of it.

I still want him sacked, and immediately would have been nice. If he isn't peddled come 31st June that's a different matter.
It’s incredible that anyone can forgive/forget that this happened. Absolutely embarrassing and I’ll never forgive the bastards that allowed it to happen. Bending over for them *****? Disgusting
No one is forgetting and forgiving, we're just listening to what is being said. It can't be spoken about, they've given clear reasons why and if no action had been taken they'd have no need to reference it. He will be gone come 31st June.
Not it doesn't.
They may of just got together and decided to hide behind the employment law excuse. Given the circumstances of what happened and why the odds are extremely good that its being used as a screen rather than anything said or done about it.
Take emotion out of your post, and you just want someones head on a stick and it revolves back to the exact same point. Even if they've had a conversation and given him a slap on the hand employment law comes into it.

For perspective, in my current role if I were to be sacked contractually I need to be given 3 months notice fully paid. I know of others in a similar role where 6 months is required. It's common practice in those roles. Have some patience, if he's still here 1st August, start your witch hunt.

Last edited:
I have lots of experience with staff doing stupid things and HR cases, and employment tribunals. This is not gross misconduct, nowhere near.

You can't share details for employee disciplinaries - it's against the law.

They may have done any number of things, but they certainly cannot share the details publicly.
You're banging your head against a brick wall. People won't be satisfied until Davidson is frog marched out of his office live on Netflix.

But but you're getting 5g so you can all stand looking at your phones.

As with society as a whole in truth.

Anyway , nobody can surely be expecting owt. Damage done and wimp apologised , loada bollox.
To be fair it’s genius sorting out 5G as the shit we are likely to serve up means the fans can have something else to keep them entertained

As per my reply on the other thread, pretty bold claim?
Same reply from other thread ,My mate from work is best marras with a lad who works for the club so occasionally I get the odd nugget of info. He says staff have been informed he'll be getting the boot.
He also told me that Rusyn has got DVT and that Tutierov lad had to go to the hospital to help translate for him.

Same reply from other thread ,My mate from work is best marras with a lad who works for the club so occasionally I get the odd nugget of info. He says staff have been informed he'll be getting the boot.
He also told me that Rusyn has got DVT and that Tutierov lad had to go to the hospital to help translate for him.
DVT 😂 I shouldn’t laugh but that just about sums up our club at the minute.

Guess it explains why Speakman called him “more experienced”…he’s got the legs of an 80 year old’

DVT 😂 I shouldn’t laugh but that just about sums up our club at the minute.

Guess it explains why Speakman called him “more experienced”…he’s got the legs of an 80 year old’
Heyyy I had it 5 year back and I'm only 56. Wrongly diagnosed , released from hospital and went to Wembley v Portsmouth, then collapsed again and ended up with 5 clots on my lungs.

Lucky, very lucky.

He’s going.
I did say at the beginning of this thread that it would happen, surprised it’s taken so long but I guess theres a nice financial handshake to negotiate.

Back