Steve Davison - update

Employment law literally dictates they can't talk about it, it isn't being brushed aside. It'd be easier for them to release the minutes from that meeting (legally you have to take them).

The fact they're saying it can't be talked about because of employment law, shows they've taken action.

This isn't me blowing smoke up their arse, or giving them a pat on the back. It's just giving you general facts around employment law on the basis I've sacked a few people in my time. The outcome of that meeting or what was discussed can't be disclosed. Take their statement as a positive and expect to see him move on at the end of the season.

Employment law literally dictates they can't talk about it, it isn't being brushed aside. It'd be easier for them to release the minutes from that meeting (legally you have to take them).

The fact they're saying it can't be talked about because of employment law, shows they've taken action.

This isn't me blowing smoke up their arse, or giving them a pat on the back. It's just giving you general facts around employment law on the basis I've sacked a few people in my time. The outcome of that meeting or what was discussed can't be disclosed. Take their statement as a positive and expect to see him move on at the end of the season.
Exactly this. People think it’s like sacking a head coach. It’s not. At all.

Absolutely fuckall done.

The club have literally confirmed mistakes were made by them and it was their fault. There’ll 100% still be people who’ll refuse to believe it mind.

@Sleepy @Mnemonic to name two. Still just a rogue contractor or someone taking liberties aye?
I've never denied mistakes were made, it's this following witch hunt I have an issue with.

See below, in bold (and red for blood....)...but in summary...

1. Conducted internal investigation
2. Identified that there was a serious error of judgement
3. Determined how/why this error of judgement occurred and took appropriate action.

"
Following the conclusion of an internal investigation requested by the Club’s Board
of Directors, we identified that a serious error in judgement was made in relation to
the Black Cats Bar. We now understand how this error in judgement was made and
have identified where accountability sits, confirming that the action taken was
inexcusable and more importantly preventable. Although employment law prevents
us from sharing any information, all staff involved in the matter were interviewed and
following the conclusion of a detailed internal enquiry, the appropriate levels of

action have now been taken to conclude this process.
"

Again tho, why is this so hard for people to grasp?
Shameful.

Exactly this. People think it’s like sacking a head coach. It’s not. At all.
Tbf its gross negligence (imo)
It made national (and international) news, such was the absurdity of the decision made by the people at the club.
The name of the person / persons involved may not be allowed legally to be given by the club, but certainly action by the club , including sacking imo could be seen as reasonable, such was the damage made by the individual/s concerned.

I still can't believe that it happend and how can someone who made that decision be trusted within the club now - so imo that is a good enough reason to get rid legally

Last edited:
There we go again tho...statement this, statement that... why do we need a statement for everything?

For this, we fucked up, we acted on it, it's done. that is all we need to know.
It’s not all we need to know though, transparency would go someway to restoring faith in their stewardship, being clandestine just makes it look like they’re hiding the truth (which they probably are)

Not it doesn't.
They may of just got together and decided to hide behind the employment law excuse. Given the circumstances of what happened and why the odds are extremely good that its being used as a screen rather than anything said or done about it.

It made national (and international) news, such was the absurdity of the decision made by the people at the club.
The name of the person / persons involved may not be allowed legally to be given by the club, but certainly action by the club , including sacking imo could be seen as reasonable, such was the damage made by the individual/s concerned.

I still can't believe that it happend and how can someone who made that decision be trusted within the club now - so imo that is a good enough reason to get rid legally
It could be, maybe they just don't want to sack the individual(s) and think whatever disciplinary action they've taken is sufficient and they aren't able to discuss that action. Or they aren't arsed and it's all a load of waffle.

I don't think there's going to be any closure on the matter.

It’s incredible that anyone can forgive/forget that this happened. Absolutely embarrassing and I’ll never forgive the bastards that allowed it to happen. Bending over for them *****? Disgusting
I’m amazed there is any surprise around this outcome. It has been said dozens of times in this thread that this is how the matter will be concluded.

I have lots of experience with staff doing stupid things and HR cases, and employment tribunals. This is not gross misconduct, nowhere near.
It’s not all we need to know though, transparency would go someway to restoring faith in their stewardship, being clandestine just makes it look like they’re hiding the truth (which they probably are)
You can't share details for employee disciplinaries - it's against the law.
Not it doesn't.
They may of just got together and decided to hide behind the employment law excuse. Given the circumstances of what happened and why the odds are extremely good that its being used as a screen rather than anything said or done about it.
They may have done any number of things, but they certainly cannot share the details publicly.

Last edited:

Sadly, that’s not quite how employment law works.

Sadly, that’s not quite how employment law works.

Gross negligence
A serious lack of care either towards an employee’s duties or to other people, even where not deliberate or intentional, could be deemed gross misconduct by gross negligence. Generally, the degree of damage to the working relationship and any loss of trust and confidence resulting from the act of gross negligence will be the measure of whether gross misconduct applies.

I think you could easily get rid of someone for the damage they have done to the fan base , and the damage to the club - making international news, by this stupid decision.
How can anyone have trust in the competence of the individual/s who made this f***ing pathetic decision ?

Gross negligence
A serious lack of care either towards an employee’s duties or to other people, even where not deliberate or intentional, could be deemed gross misconduct by gross negligence. Generally, the degree of damage to the working relationship and any loss of trust and confidence resulting from the act of gross negligence will be the measure of whether gross misconduct applies.

I think you could easily get rid of someone for the damage they have done to the fan base , and the damage to the club - making international news, by this stupid decision.
How can anyone have trust in the competence of the individual/s who made this f***ing pathetic decision ?
It’s more likely to be incompetence than negligence. It’s unlikely an employee of the club would owe a legal duty to supporters

It’s more likely to be incompetence than negligence. It’s unlikely an employee of the club would owe a legal duty to supporters
It's incompetence on a grand scale
Damaging the club internationally and also damaging the club with it's own supporters

If that's not worthy of sacking then I don't know what is.

Back