Steve Davison - update

It’s more likely to be incompetence than negligence. It’s unlikely an employee of the club would owe a legal duty to supporters
The supporters have a customer relationship with the employer in this case, and an employee clearly has a duty as part of the general duty not to damage the interests of the employer to further rather than damage that customer relationship so I think that’s the wrong argument. There is a direct enough causal link. What may be more questionable legally, despite the sound and fury on here, is whether there is any objective evidence of that much damage.

Brushing it to one side is something like saying aye we messed up but it's ok it wont happen again.

Doing something is saying aye we messed up, we have dealt with it internally.

I think people would only have been happy with the outcome of this is SD lost his job, there was no other option to appease people it seems.
He has, in a fashion.

Just not until he retires at the end of the season.

IMO.

It's incompetence on a grand scale
Damaging the club internationally and also damaging the club with it's own supporters

If that's not worthy of sacking then I don't know what is.
Yes I would agree but the last thing the club wants is this playing out in court
The supporters have a customer relationship with the employer in this case, and an employee clearly has a duty as part of the general duty not to damage the interests of the employer to further rather than damage that customer relationship so I think that’s the wrong argument. There is a direct enough causal link. What may be more questionable legally, despite the sound and fury on here, is whether there is any objective evidence of that much damage.
Fair one. Gross Negligence would be unlikely I’d suggest?

Yes I would agree but the last thing the club wants is this playing out in court

Fair one. Gross Negligence would be unlikely I’d suggest?
It would be a hard one to get and if the employee decided to fight it (in theory) e plenty of firms willing to take it on

Its at least a final written warning and one hell of a file note.

And improvement plans what not put in place.

Thats brushing us to one side! its absolute lip service...'Im majority shareholder of the club' - reports are out that KLD is not majority shareholder of the club - 'Im not majority shareholder of the club'......they just feed us absolute tripe man
Firstly, I'd like to make it clear that I'm outraged by the whole fiasco of the Mags game. It is fair enough that they had to get a hefty share of the seats, because that's what happens in the FA Cup. SC holders have not in recent times (to the best of my knowledge) had the right to reserve their seats for a Cup game, because of segregation issues. The fact that everybody has to buy a ticket for these games makes that abundantly clear.
But the decision to let the Mags have the BCB, much less to 'decorate' it, was wrong on every level. It should have just been closed. Someone on the commercial side of the club thought it a good idea to charge £600 a ticket for Mags to 'feel at home' in the North stand. I don't think we should make away teams change in a portacabin or shit in their showers, but both away players and fans need to know they are in hostile territory in a Derby game. KLD as a shareholder in Olympic Marseilles, and SD as (supposedly) 'one of our own' should have known this.
The Boss apologised and hopes that will be enough, but his lack of supervision leaves a bad taste in the mouth; SD (a massive incompetent) will be leaving in the summer, but probably can't be sacked because of Employment Law issues; both will probably want Non-Disclosure Agreements in place, so the lack of exposure of the misunderstanding/ lack of communication, and who signed off on what, leaves all of us without closure on the matter. Just 'moving on' is not a possibility for many but I doubt the truth will ever come through official channels. Look out for 'weasel words' from the club.

Speaking of which, I don't think you can find any statement from KLD that said, 'Im majority shareholder of the club' or even 'Im not majority shareholder of the club'.
What he said was "I have a controlling interest in the club", which he did have if Sartori (busy elsewhere) gave him a cast-iron agreement to abstain with his 20% share, meaning KLD's 41% outranked the barrow-boys 39%.
As fans we have to take great care to look at what they actually say rather than what we think they might have said. Look out for 'weasel words' upcoming.

They may have done any number of things, but they certainly cannot share the details publicly.

Wow if anybody believes they have will do anything then they need their bumps felt. Next you will be telling me Santa Claus, Easter Bunny & The Tooth Fairy are your next door neighbours.

I’m amazed there is any surprise around this outcome. It has been said dozens of times in this thread that this is how the matter will be concluded.

Everyone knew the reality that nothing would come of it because the club was complicit and wanted to roll out the red carpet and try and make some extra cash. I knew it was happening weeks before and posted it on here but was bet with incredulity from posters and mods.

Everyone knew the reality that nothing would come of it because the club was complicit and wanted to roll out the red carpet and try and make some extra cash. I knew it was happening weeks before and posted it on here but was bet with incredulity from posters and mods.
Nope. No you never. Liar.....😜😜

This isn’t like getting rid of a coach who has lost a few games. Employment law is quite complex. For good reason. I can understand why people think they’re just hiding. But it is also true that they can’t disclose things.

Let's face it. Dufus knew and facilitated black and white decor ( in itself is bad enough), but didn't realise they were going to go to length they did.

He then apologised and made an excuse, cowardly.

He was once again cowardly in first meeting and sat like a fanny whilst phase 1 blah blah was spotted.

Then this meeting he didn't attend and more behind the scenes staff telling off stories were rolled out , and case closed ( which I stated would be exactly what would be said, as did others of course).

Sell up and piss off would be my wish , as I've stated before. Clubs a mess.

Let's face it. Dufus knew and facilitated black and white decor ( in itself is bad enough), but didn't realise they were going to go to length they did.

He then apologised and made an excuse, cowardly.

He was once again cowardly in first meeting and sat like a fanny whilst phase 1 blah blah was spotted.

Then this meeting he didn't attend and more behind the scenes staff telling off stories were rolled out , and case closed ( which I stated would be exactly what would be said, as did others of course).

Sell up and piss off would be my wish , as I've stated before. Clubs a mess.
I love grown men who call him “Dufus” ffs 😂

If everyone knew the outcome, I’m not sure why there appears to be so much outrage 🤷‍♂️
I love grown men who call him “Dufus” ffs 😂
TBF- it’s 10/10 for effort. Started in December and still hasn’t caught on.

Last edited:
If no one was being sacked, then they'd have no need to reference the restrictions imposed by employment law, would they?

I expect to see someone leave in the summer.

Back