Steve Clarke’s post match interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem though. Everyone just puts their hand in the sand.

Whataboutery is a way of life in the west of Scotland and the world of "Old Firm" it's embarrassing.

It's even worse that English people on this forum contribute the same delusional shit.

I say this as someone who has been bought up from the day dot. As a Sunderland and Celtic fan.

It’s a good post with some salient points. I’m giving you the like for the hand in the sand though :D

One of the problems is that, unlike in England, clubs aren't held accountable for their supporters' behaviour, and have no incentive to do anything other than offer pious platitudes. If the rules were the same as here, both the Old Firm would have been playing matches behind closed doors years ago.

One of the problems is that, unlike in England, clubs aren't held accountable for their supporters' behaviour, and have no incentive to do anything other than offer pious platitudes. If the rules were the same as here, both the Old Firm would have been playing matches behind closed doors years ago.

Simple solution is to dock clubs points, however the sfa love to shag the arse of both of the Glasgow bawbags so nothing ever happens.
We moan like fuck about incompetent referees down here but in Scotland it’s just cheating, they don’t bother hiding it. The sfa is a closed shop and don’t like outsiders interfering.
It’s the rest of the clubs to blame, they don’t put enough pressure on the sfa, happy to take the weegie money and fees off scraps, Aberdeen one of the biggest culprits for this as Milne hasn’t got a backbone.

It's also Numptys joining and following a big club, loads of their fans come from across the country...

Well done for speaking out.The comment he made about his assistant is valid,you have a lot of the old firm who think it's allowed for some reason.
From Old Firm supports I know it seems that it's OK for them to do but not the other lot.

I think the tail wags the dog up there. Some 'supporters' following them because of their religion or politics rather than them being their local team or simply just liking them. Even on here when we talk about Celtic and Rangers to goes from talking about football to a shouting match about sectarianism.

I've posted on here before about a Rangers fan I knarr walking into a bar and asking his grandkid what Fruit Shoot they would like. When they said apple (in a green bottle) he refused to buy it. Had to have an orange or purple one.

Laughable really and they get ingrained with this shite at an early age so the cycle continues.

It’s not, they are religious bigots, mags/mackem just hate each other

Unfortunately it blights the west coast of Scotland more than any where else and football is the platform where they have the opportunity to spout there bile.
Both sides are as bad as each other, it truly is Scotland's shame.
Unfortunately to both protagonists this doesn't exist and I feel will never be eradicated.
Good for Clarke raising the issue again , Lennon did it as he was targeted even more so but it made no difference ultimately.

Tried to explain it to my in-laws from the US last year.
The sheer disbelief that it's allowed to continue with everyone just shrugging and saying that's how it is.

Unfortunately it blights the west coast of Scotland more than any where else and football is the platform where they have the opportunity to spout there bile.
Both sides are as bad as each other, it truly is Scotland's shame.
Unfortunately to both protagonists this doesn't exist and I feel will never be eradicated.
Good for Clarke raising the issue again , Lennon did it as he was targeted even more so but it made no difference ultimately.

The actual west coast is one of the nicest places in the Uk.

From Old Firm supports I know it seems that it's OK for them to do but not the other lot.

I think the tail wags the dog up there. Some 'supporters' following them because of their religion or politics rather than them being their local team or simply just liking them. Even on here when we talk about Celtic and Rangers to goes from talking about football to a shouting match about sectarianism.

Totally agree,some of the sectarian shit posted on here over the years is proof.Being sectarian seems be allowed with both.

You had Celtic fans calling that ex-Rangers player Boyd an "Orange Bastard" on Sunday and now the Rangers lot doing something similar a few days later.

Think both sets have signifiant prick numbers tbh.

Totally agree,some of the sectarian shit posted on here over the years is proof.Being sectarian seems be allowed with both.

You had Celtic fans calling that ex-Rangers player Boyd an "Orange Bastard" on Sunday and now the Rangers lot doing something similar a few days later.

Think both sets have signifiant prick numbers tbh.
Was there a thread about the Celtic/Boyd incidents mate?

I wasn’t aware of anything happening in that match, saying that I had a weekend bender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back