Steve Clarke’s post match interview

Daniels

Striker
I saw a clip of this tonight on SSN. But the unedited version is written in the link below.

Steve Clarke in Rangers sectarian blast over 'sad f****n b*****d' chants

It’s a shame as this should not still be in the Scottish game in 2019. I like Steve Clarke seems like a good man. He talks about how he is happy Chelsea took him away from West Scotland and his family did not understand. Visibly shook by this he ended up walking out at the end.

I saw a clip of this tonight on SSN. But the unedited version is written in the link below.

Steve Clarke in Rangers sectarian blast over 'sad f****n b*****d' chants

It’s a shame as this should not still be in the Scottish game in 2019. I like Steve Clarke seems like a good man. He talks about how he is happy Chelsea took him away from West Scotland and his family did not understand. Visibly shook by this he ended up walking out at the end.

Its just laughable

What the fuck is wrong with Celtic and Rangers fans? They seem to be about 50 years behind everyone else in Britain with their attitudes. They are both as bad as each others.

Its why Premier League and FA were right to reject out of hand any chance of them ever stepping foot in our leagues, not worth the trouble they will inevitably bring. I am all for fierce rivalry etc, but its a game of football at the end of the day, these people are just sad as fuck. Every club has a minority of idiots, but it seems to be larger than anywhere at these clubs. Don't get why they just don't grow the fuck up.

It's all tribalism. It's the way we live. Black & White/Geordie/Mackem bastards etc.
No it isn't. To compare the situations devalues the mess up there.

I'm glad my dad lives down here and I can support Celtic without any hassle.

I hate Rangers more than Newcastle. I have spent all of my life living north of the Tyne(bar uni) I have numerous mag friends, I don't despise any of them. They are all good people. The abuse we give each other is surface level, it's petty as fuck.

The same can not be said for west of of Soctland. The culture up there permeates all of society and is toxic. It is pure hatred, people can't live together up there.

My dad's best mate is a rangers fan a proper bear. A shareholder of the club. Not a piece of shit hun like the rest.

Who just like Steve Clarke and my dad, is thankul he and his kids live down here. So they too can be free of the backwards shit.

The old firm are an embarrassment and last seasons friendly confirmed that.

Bizarrely, people still defend them! I do laugh when the plastic set try and argue the other team is always worse :lol:
This is the problem though. Everyone just puts their hand in the sand.

Whataboutery is a way of life in the west of Scotland and the world of "Old Firm" it's embarrassing.

It's even worse that English people on this forum contribute the same delusional shit.

I say this as someone who has been bought up from the day dot. As a Sunderland and Celtic fan.

Last edited:
Mate of mine is a big Killie fan. He’s been saying all season that they won’t be able to keep hold of him and that Clarke will be off back to England at the end of it.

So if I’m being cynical, I think this outburst is part of that narrative.

Not that I’m doubting these chants didn’t happen. They obviously did. Perhaps Scottish football will start moving forward again when sections of its society do. I won’t hold my breath.

Mate of mine is a big Killie fan. He’s been saying all season that they won’t be able to keep hold of him and that Clarke will be off back to England at the end of it.

So if I’m being cynical, I think this outburst is part of that narrative.

Not that I’m doubting these chants didn’t happen. They obviously did. Perhaps Scottish football will start moving forward again when sections of its society do. I won’t hold my breath.
After watching that interview I suspect he will be back in the Championship next season.

Back