Starfield

Anyone getting the premium game, is it worth it?
You can actually get the game from Game Pass for nowt and then buy the premium upgrade for about £30 to get everything. Don't know if I am doing that yet but DLC included and 5 days early access is tempting.

You can actually get the game from Game Pass for nowt and then buy the premium upgrade for about £30 to get everything. Don't know if I am doing that yet but DLC included and 5 days early access is tempting.
I don't have gamepass mate and don't think I play enough games to get any use out of it really. It's probably worth it if you buy only a few games a year I suppose, but it might also encourage me to play more, which isn't something I want to do :lol:

I don't have gamepass mate and don't think I play enough games to get any use out of it really. It's probably worth it if you buy only a few games a year I suppose, but it might also encourage me to play more, which isn't something I want to do :lol:
Definitely need to usually purchase at least two to three full priced games a year to "break even" if you're paying for GP but I've never paid for it, so works out great for me.
Especially for those of us who only bought an XBox 18+ months ago with it in mind. I believed Microsoft's repeated release date lies, despite the Halo mess as I have zero interest in Halo. Lesson learned :lol:
Worth the delay if it comes out and works properly though

You expect a Bethesda game to work properly on release?

Luckily I'm away so it'll have been out a couple of week before I need to take the plunge and buy an xbox.
"We have an awful lot of people internally playing it, working with Todd and the team, I see bug counts and just by the numbers, if it shipped today, this would have the fewest bugs that any game from Bethesda has ever shipped with."

and it was originally supposed to release much earlier than the original 11/11/22 but MS changed it after they bought zenimax and told them to take their time and finish it. So hopefully it's not the usual mess Bethesda games launch in.

"We have an awful lot of people internally playing it, working with Todd and the team, I see bug counts and just by the numbers, if it shipped today, this would have the fewest bugs that any game from Bethesda has ever shipped with."

and it was originally supposed to release much earlier than the original 11/11/22 but MS changed it after they bought zenimax and told them to take their time and finish it. So hopefully it's not the usual mess Bethesda games launch in.

It's fairly low bar though. Having said that if I already owned an xbox I'd almost certainly pre order, just so it was waiting for me when I get back from holiday :lol:

Is this basically Skyrim but in space? If so I’m excited.
Aye, people have even been calling it No Man's Skyrim
It's fairly low bar though. Having said that if I already owned an xbox I'd almost certainly pre order, just so it was waiting for me when I get back from holiday :lol:
Been 8 years since FO4 came out though, should be time to fix a few of the bugs!
meh...I am still playing skyrim and fallout 4

I fully expect to be playing a heavily modded starfield in 5 years time
It's got the potential to have an even longer shelf life than Skyrim with the modding stuff, thousands of planets that can be modded and you can already make an Optimus Prime ship even just with the base stuff so the modding ones will be mental.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
This game is the reason I upgraded to an X Box series X rather than a PS5. Im really excited about it, Ive been following all of the vids about it on Youtube etc and it looks awesome. The ability to dock with and board other ships and potentially steal them sounds fantastic. Plus the ability to fully customise the exterior and interior of your ship makes it sound incredibly immersive.

Ill be buying the game I think despite it being on gamepass, I like all of the extra stuff that comes with Bethesda games, maps etc.

The initial files for the game are already available to download and install on game pass, might be worth installing them now to cut down on what will probably be a massive install time when it releases.

The initial files for the game are already available to download and install on game pass, might be worth installing them now to cut down on what will probably be a massive install time when it releases.
Definitely worth doing this early, especially as there may be a massive day one patch too.

Definitely need to usually purchase at least two to three full priced games a year to "break even" if you're paying for GP but I've never paid for it, so works out great for me.

Worth the delay if it comes out and works properly though
Of course. But lying about your release schedules repeatedly to sell consoles, especially when at the time they are nearly exclusive to people paying for 2 years of game pass isn't good behaviour in my opinion.

Back