Starfield

The showcase for anyone that missed it, the amount of detail in it is mental!
There was talk of it being a prettier NMS but the attention paid to spaceship acquisition, customisation and detail alone is far superior

Pity it’ll take me years to have the hardware to run such a thing (PC)

Single player, it's pretty much Skyrim/Fallout in space.

Can pick up a Series S pretty cheap at this point, they're bringing out a 1tb version just before it releases too.
You reckon it's going to be good mate? I prefer single players, but a co-op vs cpu option would have been fun.

You reckon it's going to be good mate? I prefer single players, but a co-op vs cpu option would have been fun.
I'm sure there'll be a mod for it pretty quickly after release, both Skyrim and Fallout got them and this is much more suitable to it.

The combat looks much more fun and fluid than the previous games, that was always the biggest drawback. So if we can get the typical Bethesda RPG but with genuinely good combat, it'll be unbelievable.

I'm sure there'll be a mod for it pretty quickly after release, both Skyrim and Fallout got them and this is much more suitable to it.

The combat looks much more fun and fluid than the previous games, that was always the biggest drawback. So if we can get the typical Bethesda RPG but with genuinely good combat, it'll be unbelievable.
It'll be Xbox for me mate, so no opportunity of a mod. Still excited for it though!

How does that work then? Never used them.
There'll be a mod page on the main menu, all you have to do is download the ones you want. You do need to put them in some sort of order for everything to work smoothly but there's guides online and only really matters if you want loads. Having them on turns achievements off for any save that has mods installed.

There'll be a mod page on the main menu, all you have to do is download the ones you want. You do need to put them in some sort of order for everything to work smoothly but there's guides online and only really matters if you want loads. Having them on turns achievements off for any save that has mods installed.
Nice one, thanks for the info.

Single player, it's pretty much Skyrim/Fallout in space.

Can pick up a Series S pretty cheap at this point, they're bringing out a 1tb version just before it releases too.

I'm leaning towards upgrading my PC as it's locked at 30fps on Xbox.

Few hundred quid more and I've got a beast gaming PC. Probably running at 60fps at least.

I'm leaning towards upgrading my PC as it's locked at 30fps on Xbox.

Few hundred quid more and I've got a beast gaming PC. Probably running at 60fps at least.
Will have a bigger suite of mods on PC too and with all the shipbuilding and worlds, there's loads of scope for some crazy mods.

Edit: Should say that there were mods for console that unlocked 60fps on Skyrim and Fallout, so they'll probably pop up on this too.

Last edited:

Back