Star Trek : Discovery

Good call about the mirror universe. I feel that by necessity the Federation has become a bit more of a cabal of worlds than the Federation of old. The answer he gave about ’the burn’ was very evasive as well, I think he knows more than he’s saying.

Yeah I agree, I have a suspicion that Starfleet may have behind the burn, or at least a faction of them, like Section 31. Then again I maybe completely off base and seeing conspiracies around every corner!

Trying to create some sort of power surge to get to the mirror universe which went wrong? Something like dilithium and anti dilithium being brought together and going bang?
Good call that mate. Some also to tie in the new section 31 series into that. Maybe they succeeded in making a portal into the mirror universe and Georgio will go through

If she is still around 900 odd years after her knocking about with Picard and DS9 I'd have to gave it some very careful thought.... think necrophillia might still be frowned on in the far future.
If she's still with Q, so won't have aged.
So whose bright idea was it to put the Federation's seed bank in a vulnerable spaceship manned by just one family?

The "you can disable AI's from 900 years in your future by blinking at them" was lazy writing too.
My headcanon tells me there's probably 100's of such ships all over the place so as to not put all of your eggs in one basket.

Not to mention they would not keep physical seeds anyway, they would just keep transporter pattern buffer digital representations in a computer and be able to transmit them to other storage locations.

That's one of the problems with far off distant futures in sci-fi, you quickly get to the point where everything becomes possible and it gets a bit boring. ie, instant travel to anywhere, no death as you have a backup, instant communication, programmable matter that can make anything etc.

Last edited:
This week, on Star Trek : Do Whatever The Fuck You Like And Get Away With It - Centre of the Universe Michael Burnham yet again does whatever the fuck she likes and gets away with it.

Everything to do with her is f***ing crap. She's completely incompatible with Starfleet. Which is a shame because there are some great Trek characters in the 20% of the show that isn't all about one character.

This week, on Star Trek : Do Whatever The Fuck You Like And Get Away With It - Centre of the Universe Michael Burnham yet again does whatever the fuck she likes and gets away with it.

Everything to do with her is f***ing crap. She's completely incompatible with Starfleet. Which is a shame because there are some great Trek characters in the 20% of the show that isn't all about one character.
She really has to be the most annoying character in Trek history. However this season as a whole is an improvement on the previous ones.

Totally agree with everything you said there. Yesterday's episode was so tedious with all the Burnham shite again. Like you said, there are far more interesting characters that should be developed more, the lass with the cybernetic head gear needs a lot more screen time, there are lot more stories there if the scriptwriters just when that bit further.

And that lizard bloke that kept teleporting around, was just irritating not that funny.

Totally agree with everything you said there. Yesterday's episode was so tedious with all the Burnham shite again. Like you said, there are far more interesting characters that should be developed more, the lass with the cybernetic head gear needs a lot more screen time, there are lot more stories there if the scriptwriters just when that bit further.

And that lizard bloke that kept teleporting around, was just irritating not that funny.

It worked nicely a couple of times mind.

Stamets/Culbert/Adira is great to watch. Saru is a proper Trek Captain. I flat out love Jet Reno. Vance is an interesting new addition. It's such a shame to see these characters so little.

Noticed she took her comm badge off at the end. I hope that means she will be leaving Starfleet.
I wonder who the new No 1 will be?

Back