Star Trek : Discovery

They're trying pretty desperately to reset Burnham's character now, but the damage was done in previous seasons. They might be better off killing her off.

15 minutes to go in the episode - the symbiont is going to be Dax isn't it?

That episode was a bit different. Interesting that the crew are being shown to be just ordinary people who struggle with things the same as we do.
Not sure about the Trill stuff, it’s obviously going to be a mechanism to fill in the blanks of the missing time for the crew and help them find the Federation, in whatever form it exists in at this point in time.

That episode was a bit different. Interesting that the crew are being shown to be just ordinary people who struggle with things the same as we do.
Not sure about the Trill stuff, it’s obviously going to be a mechanism to fill in the blanks of the missing time for the crew and help them find the Federation, in whatever form it exists in at this point in time.

Something been bugging me about the latest episode. I thought it had been established in DS9 that any Trill was capable of being a symbiote host?

There was an episode where Jadiza had to travel to the Trill homeworld to commune in the pool thing and it was discovered a previous host had stolen the Dax symbiot or something?

Something been bugging me about the latest episode. I thought it had been established in DS9 that any Trill was capable of being a symbiote host?

There was an episode where Jadiza had to travel to the Trill homeworld to commune in the pool thing and it was discovered a previous host had stolen the Dax symbiot or something?
I’m not sure. I know there was some sort of selection process to become a host, I remember part of it was a psychological test to see if they could cope with all the previous life memories, maybe that’s why they are all not compatible ?

I’m not sure. I know there was some sort of selection process to become a host, I remember part of it was a psychological test to see if they could cope with all the previous life memories, maybe that’s why they are all not compatible ?

Found it from the DS9 episode: Source Memory Alpha The Star Trek Wiki

Common belief in Trill society holds that only one in a thousand Trills make acceptable hosts. In fact, this figure was vastly understated, and nearly half of the Trill population was capable of being joined. The myth was perpetuated very carefully, though, in order to avoid widespread chaos which would probably arise if the information were made public, since the symbionts would become, essentially, objects to be fought over, as people fought to gain the few prized symbionts. (DS9: "Equilibrium")

Last edited:
Found it from the DS9 episode: Source Memory Alpha The Star Trek Wiki

Common belief in Trill society holds that only one in a thousand Trills make acceptable hosts. In fact, this figure was vastly understated, and nearly half of the Trill population was capable of being joined. The myth was perpetuated very carefully, though, in order to avoid widespread chaos which would probably arise if the information were made public, since the symbionts would become, essentially, objects to be fought over, as people fought to gain the few prized symbionts. (DS9: "Equilibrium")
I suppose that they could have ended up with the majority left who couldn’t be hosts as they did mention loosing lots of hosts (and symbionts ) during the burn.

Unused? I remember all of that

I don’t remember ever seeing Khan looking gutted as the Enterprise warped away.

i have only seen two cuts of Wrath of Khan.

The cinema version.

Director’s Edition (?) - this has approx four minutes of additional footage most of which involves the relationship Scotty and Peter Preston, his nephew. Also some additional footage on Regula One space station.

Never actually seen something where Khan looks on in horror(?) as the Enterprise successfully warps off to safety.

Last edited:
After giving up with discovery towards the end of series 2, I decided to watch season 3 to see if it was still bad. I thought the first 3 episodes were very good, maybe I gave up with it too soon. Then along came episode 4 and back to being shite again.
Why don't they make a startrek in the mould of T.O.S. Travel through space, meet some aliens in dodgy rubber dinosaur costumes, beam down, knack the dinosaurs, beam up then off to next planet.
Does there have to be a deep meaning to every episode and a continuation of the same story from episode to episode? Get it back to being hokum sci-fi, which is at least entertaining.

Quite liked this week’s episode, I feel Discovery series 3 is starting to find it feet now. I thought it was a nice touch when I spotted the USS Nog, nice way to honour the late Aron Eisenberg.
Quite liked this week’s episode, I feel Discovery series 3 is starting to find it feet now. I thought it was a nice touch when I spotted the USS Nog, nice way to honour the late Aron Eisenberg.

Out of curiosity I looked to see if there was any information about the ship and found design team at CBS have classified it as an Eisenberg Class.

Last edited:

Back