Star Trek : Discovery

I’ve only seen a couple of episodes of LD but they were enjoyable and as you say very much classic Trek.
Im really looking forward to Strange New Worlds, I think it has the potential to be a cracking series if done the right way.
If you liked earlier episodes you'll love the later ones. It got much better through the season. ST.SNW should be great if done right, but Kurtzman is an idiot

If you liked earlier episodes you'll love the later ones. It got much better through the season. ST.SNW should be great if done right, but Kurtzman is an idiot
I’m looking forward to Pike becoming a rounded character not just the bloke who was in charge before Kirk.
Mount is a pretty good character actor so I’m hoping they use his skills to the full.

I’m looking forward to Pike becoming a rounded character not just the bloke who was in charge before Kirk.
Mount is a pretty good character actor so I’m hoping they use his skills to the full.
Yup, he instantly stood out head and shoulders as an actor and character in Disco.. I bet the regular Disco actors are glad he left.
Not keen on who plays Spock, but possibly because LN was so unique and iconic. #1.. Not sure about

Yup, he instantly stood out head and shoulders as an actor and character in Disco.. I bet the regular Disco actors are glad he left.
Not keen on who plays Spock, but possibly because LN was so unique and iconic. #1.. Not sure about
Again I think the No1 character could be really interesting. Unfortunately I don’t think they have the right actor for that, not that I’m complaining about her other talents mind!

New episode.

Things that don't make sense happen for no apparent reason to create the illusion of drama for stupid people.

The show is now trading entirely on the likeability of the only actual Star Trek characters in the show - Saru, Stamets, Reno and Culbert.

New episode.

Things that don't make sense happen for no apparent reason to create the illusion of drama for stupid people.

The show is now trading entirely on the likeability of the only actual Star Trek characters in the show - Saru, Stamets, Reno and Culbert.
Spock ain't a Star Trek character now, what?

Better than last week's but still doing next to nowt for me. I'll give it a couple more episodes.

On a side note it is remarkable that the human race has survived as long as it has considering it's descendants seem to be comprised almost entirely of women and gay blokes.

Probably better than the previous episode, still feels a bit m’eh at the moment. One thing that has got me thinking though, now that they are in the 32nd Century, will we at some point get to see Voyager’s EMH from the episode Living Witness? That episode was set around 3074 and at the end of the episode set some time later it was mentioned The Doctor left for the Alpha Quadrant. Would make for an interesting connection to TNG/Voyager if he were to make a brief appearance .

Probably better than the previous episode, still feels a bit m’eh at the moment. One thing that has got me thinking though, now that they are in the 32nd Century, will we at some point get to see Voyager’s EMH from the episode Living Witness? That episode was set around 3074 and at the end of the episode set some time later it was mentioned The Doctor left for the Alpha Quadrant. Would make for an interesting connection to TNG/Voyager if he were to make a brief appearance .
Or both of them, as technically both could survive this long.
Could even be a different actor and explain it away as he's had many faces over the years.

He'll probably be a woman by now

Did anyone else feel like important bits linking scenes and conversations had been edited out in Ep2?

Really enjoyed that first episode feels proper trek.

Someone on Reddit posted there wasn't one white person in the whole episode?
I was going to mention this but was fankly afraid of being called a biggot. There were 2 white men in the second episode the gay engineer and the villian of the episode. Does appear that they are being a bit to diverse in keeping a certain section out of it. Weather thats right of wrong we'll see in the coming episodes.

Came across this fan made film, was quite enjoyable to watch. Shame they didn’t have the budget like Discovery, but at least it was made by people who love Star Trek. Sound quality is a bit poor but still entertaining.

Back