Star Trek : Discovery

Canny episode.

I am beginning to think that Prime Directive was more of a guideline than a strict by the book rule in the early days of Star Fleet. Maybe they got sick of Kirk’s shit and became more strict with “Directive One”

Canny episode.

I am beginning to think that Prime Directive was more of a guideline than a strict by the book rule in the early days of Star Fleet. Maybe they got sick of Kirk’s shit and became more strict with “Directive One”

In the Voyager Episode Flashback, Janeway made the comment that she considered Sulu, Kirk etc all cowboys who bent the prime directive to suit them, if they were in Starfleet during the TNG era they would have been drummed out.

I like how the show makers showed how progressive they were by literally showing you a gay naked arsehole for 3 seconds. It really added something to the plot. I can't wait to find out what his arsehole is up to next week.

I hope there's a movie spin-off tbh... Star Trek: The Wrath of the Gay Man's Arsehole.

Riveting stuff.
With Klingons? I'm out.

It was ok but I’m still trying to work out how the Prime Directiveed Saru going home for so long but as soon as The Discovery needs to find out what’s gone on with the Red Angel they sort of talk around why it doesn’t really contravene the Prime Directive for Saru to go back home.
I still think they absolutely smashed the Prime Directive to pieces mind!
You need to watch the Star Trek shorts. Explains a lot regarding Saru

Last edited by a moderator:
The Orville latest ep Identity pt 1 is one of the best eps of the entire show just brilliant and the score is great.

no spoilers in that ^

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the score is a massive nod to ST:TMP and ST:TWOK, even down to the unique instruments from the former.
I heard the Aliens sound effects, watch when they are approaching the planet its definitely the Aliens sound track I'm sure I also heard Enemy at the Gates sound effects too.

There's a rumour going around that STD will be cancelled at the end of this season. It's just starting to get good imo so I hope they're wrong.

I think it mainly stems from the fact that the production crew behind STD are also doing the new Picard Star Trek show (whatever that is) and there's doubt over whether they could do both at the same time. Also, I think STD has lost CBS money.

Just a rumour like so could be bullshit.

News today says that Discovery has been commissioned for a third season.

New episode is good.

Could Ariam be the red angel? Good episode but issues all over the shop. Talos IV (the top secret file in TOS episode 'The Menagerie' clearly states the only ship ever to have visited is Pike's Enterprise, Georgiou usurping the mission due to having a bit of inconsequential dirt on baldy, Spock hiding in the basement, all sorts

We've got to be going alternate timeline. Either we've started in one or we're going to end in one.

The Orville latest ep Identity pt 1 is one of the best eps of the entire show just brilliant and the score is great.

no spoilers in that ^
Been shite this season. Every storyline is either about a gay alien, gender discrimination, or interracial discrimination. It's like Seth has done a 180 and gone all PC brigade. It's awful.

The only episode that was semi-normal was the one where his lass turned out to be an alien in disguise.

Been shite this season. Every storyline is either about a gay alien, gender discrimination, or interracial discrimination. It's like Seth has done a 180 and gone all PC brigade. It's awful.

The only episode that was semi-normal was the one where his lass turned out to be an alien in disguise.
yeah its been a bit tedious of late especially with the Bortis storylines, the latest ep was brilliant though pt 2 on next week

Back