Star Trek : Discovery

I like how the show makers showed how progressive they were by literally showing you a gay naked arsehole for 3 seconds. It really added something to the plot. I can't wait to find out what his arsehole is up to next week.

I hope there's a movie spin-off tbh... Star Trek: The Wrath of the Gay Man's Arsehole.

Riveting stuff.

Ep 5 was shite. Reminded me of the original ST where they ran from side to side to simulate the bridge moving.

Impossible to create empathy with characters as wooden as this.

Bring back the Klingons.

Just when I was thinking it was on the right track what an utter heap of shite of an episode. Maybe I was being too hopeful, it seems to be back again to the usual utter crap.

Season 2 keeps getting better and better. This week's episode is fantastic and the best yet and the first with Kurtsman in control.

SPOILER

It was ok but I’m still trying to work out how the Prime Directive stopped Saru going home for so long but as soon as The Discovery needs to find out what’s gone on with the Red Angel they sort of talk around why it doesn’t really contravene the Prime Directive for Saru to go back home.
I still think they absolutely smashed the Prime Directive to pieces mind!

I rate the latest ep ffs its gone from full on action inc spor drive to bad script/acting I still love it but its getting a bit tedious apart from some really good storylines but haway man all the gear no idea

SPOILER

It was ok but I’m still trying to work out how the Prime Directive stopped Saru going home for so long but as soon as The Discovery needs to find out what’s gone on with the Red Angel they sort of talk around why it doesn’t really contravene the Prime Directive for Saru to go back home.
I still think they absolutely smashed the Prime Directive to pieces mind!
You answered your own question there marra. The severity of the red angel supersedes everything else.

You answered your own question there marra. The severity of the red angel supersedes everything else.
I thought the idea was you would give your life rather than break the Prime Directive?
I don’t think anything that has happened so far in the series with the Red Angel is so severe that it would allow Starfleet to say it’s ok we can just forget about it for a bit!
Anyway, I’m not a pedant about stuff so I’m not going to get hung up about it just thought it was a bit of a poor reason to break the most important order in the whole of Starfleet.

I thought the idea was you would give your life rather than break the Prime Directive?
I don’t think anything that has happened so far in the series with the Red Angel is so severe that it would allow Starfleet to say it’s ok we can just forget about it for a bit!
Anyway, I’m not a pedant about stuff so I’m not going to get hung up about it just thought it was a bit of a poor reason to break the most important order in the whole of Starfleet.

>I thought the idea was you would give your life rather than break the Prime Directive?
Yes,.. At the extreme an individual or even the crew of the ship would, but not billions or trillions of individuals of the Federation especially after a crushing war.

>I don’t think anything that has happened so far in the series with the Red Angel is so severe that it would allow Starfleet to say it’s ok we can just forget about it for a bit!
While it's shown no evidence yet of being malevolent, if it ever does it's demonstrated such overwhelming advantage and power over the Federation that consequences would be astronomical. This is potentially a K2 type civilisation, even more travelled than the Borg. It's all about risk.

Another good episode. 4 out of the 6 so far have been cracking.

Who do you think the angel is then now that we know it's a humanoid in a suit?

If it the doctor that's just come back I'll be pissed. If it's Burnham again saving the day I'll be more pissed. If it's Spock that's just shitty easy street.

It really needs to be a new character

I think it's going to be Picard coming back in time from just after the destruction of Romulus from the JJ movies using red matter and kicking off his own series.
He's righting the wrongs of Q?
He uses an angel form so that more primitive races can just write off his carry on as mythical rather than physical.
This fits very well into his character being "very" different.

Last edited:
>I thought the idea was you would give your life rather than break the Prime Directive?
Yes,.. At the extreme an individual or even the crew of the ship would, but not billions or trillions of individuals of the Federation especially after a crushing war.

>I don’t think anything that has happened so far in the series with the Red Angel is so severe that it would allow Starfleet to say it’s ok we can just forget about it for a bit!
While it's shown no evidence yet of being malevolent, if it ever does it's demonstrated such overwhelming advantage and power over the Federation that consequences would be astronomical. This is potentially a K2 type civilisation, even more travelled than the Borg. It's all about risk.

Who do you think the angel is then now that we know it's a humanoid in a suit?

If it the doctor that's just come back I'll be pissed. If it's Burnham again saving the day I'll be more pissed. If it's Spock that's just shitty easy street.

It really needs to be a new character

I think it's going to be Picard coming back in time from just after the destruction of Romulus from the JJ movies using red matter and kicking off his own series.
He's righting the wrongs of Q?
He uses an angel form so that more primitive races can just write off his carry on as mythical rather than physical.
This fits very well into his character being "very" different.

I think it's Burnham.

Back