Star Trek : Discovery

Good episode that.
Anyone explain the significance of Talos IV?

Pike went there in the very first pilot of Star Trek. Before Kirk etc. In the Discovery timeline it's happened three years previously.

Pike was held prisoner by aliens who could alter the perception of reality. He was part of a 'zoo'. Spock was also there. By the time of the original series travelling there is forbidden.

It's a pretty big deal for proper Trek geeks.

Pike went there in the very first pilot of Star Trek. Before Kirk etc. In the Discovery timeline it's happened three years previously.

Pike was held prisoner by aliens who could alter the perception of reality. He was part of a 'zoo'. Spock was also there. By the time of the original series travelling there is forbidden.

great ep that pilot, was replayed in the original series, cant see how it will link with any of this mind

FKN LOVE STAR TREK ME.

Anyone care to predict what the red thing is? and whats the crack with this planet? All I know is going there was punishable by death.

Use spoilers if needed or pm.

I've heard that for the season finale they're gonna intercept a signal from a far away place called Spennymoor, apparently the locals have invented fire @Spennymackem1981
I could make fire if I wanted to all you do is rub 2 sticks together and the friction causes heat hoy some dead grass over it and poof its a fire.

Yes of course! Completely forgot about it! I've seen every series of star trek going but missed big chucks of the original series as I never got into it. Might have to go back to it

Yes of course! Completely forgot about it! I've seen every series of star trek going but missed big chucks of the original series as I never got into it. Might have to go back to it

There's an edited version of The Cage in the two parter called 'the menagerie' which will give you everything you need on the subject :)

FKN LOVE STAR TREK ME.

Anyone care to predict what the red thing is? and whats the crack with this planet? All I know is going there was punishable by death.

Use spoilers if needed or pm.
Only thing I can think of is that the Thalosians are experts at mind control and Spock needs their help with his current mental issues.
It might also explain how Spock was in contact with them in The Menagerie episode of the original series.

This is going to require a fair bit of writing gymnastics to pull off mind. It's shown on screen in The Menagerie that the only ship ever to visit Talos IV is Pike's Enterprise.

Back