Star Trek : Discovery

They said that at the end of season 2 they would find a plot device so that they would never use it again because it's a massive fuck to canon.. I guess that never happened.

Yes, something about Starfleet compartmentalising the Spore Drive after the Klingon war, and all research on it to be investigated further. Conveniently overlooked when needed as a plot device.

Quite enjoyed the episode. Much better with increased bridge crew interaction.

Season 2 is a vast improvement. Still one or two issues, with more likely to come when the Klingons come back into it, but good so far.

Tilly is beginning to grate. Everyone else has grown, but they've doubled down on the traits that would stop her from being on a front line starship.

They said that at the end of season 2 they would find a plot device so that they would never use it again because it's a massive fuck to canon.. I guess that never happened.
A few episodes left to sort it out though. It's how I saw it panning out after all of the canon issues were aired. It makes sense for it to have been a trial run, that ultimately proved impossible to sustain.

Season 2 is a vast improvement. Still one or two issues, with more likely to come when the Klingons come back into it, but good so far.

Tilly is beginning to grate. Everyone else has grown, but they've doubled down on the traits that would stop her from being on a front line starship.
She's certainly got some maturing to do, so hopefully this will start to come to fruition sooner, rather than later.

Last edited:
She's certainly got some maturing to do, so hopefully this will start to come to fruition sooner, rather than later.
They have went backwards with her. She's went from a cute awkward into a stupid goofy idiot. Not only that but she seems to have duties and authority of a much higher ranked person, but she's only an Ensign.

I'm starting to suspect they might kill her off.

If you're looking for a plot device to stop them using the spore drive, then the mycelial network driving her mad and leading to her death would be a fairly compelling reason.

At the moment she stands out like a dog's bollock compared to the rest of the cast. She's Poochie.

I'm starting to suspect they might kill her off.

If you're looking for a plot device to stop them using the spore drive, then the mycelial network driving her mad and leading to her death would be a fairly compelling reason.

At the moment she stands out like a dog's bollock compared to the rest of the cast. She's Poochie.
Yeah, maybe that's why her dead friend appeared to her.

They have went backwards with her. She's went from a cute awkward into a stupid goofy idiot. Not only that but she seems to have duties and authority of a much higher ranked person, but she's only an Ensign.

I totally agree, take episode two. She’s basically left unsupervised to get a sample of an unstable unknown element.

I totally agree, take episode two. She’s basically left unsupervised to get a sample of an unstable unknown element.
Not only that but she made the decision to do that unilaterally. Even worse, there's not reason to do that without first asking a superior officer. It was just a shit plot device. Despite f***ing up, Saru forgave her because.. oh, we'll he was new once. WTF!?

Back