Star Trek : Discovery

I liked Anson Mount in Hell on Wheels so I was hoping he would really step up to the role of Captain Pike. I think he did well as I’m looking forward to see how his character develops.
I thought it was a bit contrived getting him onto the Discovery but I’m liking it’s a little bit lighter in tone and a bit more of the exploration vibe that was at the heart of Star Trek.
After a bit of a slow start to the episode it got into its stride and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to next weeks offering.

Whens the new Jean Luc Picard show starting?
Arse end of this year or early next.

Apparently it's going to be a "limited" series, which isn't too surprising given his age. Also the Section 31 series might not start until Disco finishes.
I'm fine with that, it feels like a Picard series should be "Ambassador Picard" doing some cushy diplomatic job and having to save the day through investistigation and uncovering a conspiracy or the like rather than him going on an adventure on a Starship and punching borg to death

Last edited:
I'm fine with that, it feels like a Picard series should be "Ambassador Picard" doing some cushy diplomatic job and having to save the day through investistigation and uncovering a conspiracy or the like rather than him going on an adventure on a Starship and punching borg to death

and I’m sure he’ll get hold of some green Orion space-milf at some point

Back