Star Trek : Discovery

You’re very easily embarrassed if that’s what you think!

I said the same in series one, not a question of embarassment, but the idea of in the middle of critical missions people going off shagging, the Michael thing with the other loony in series one, and the token gay thing for example. Its all too contrived and interferes in the believeability of the whole thing.

I said the same in series one, not a question of embarassment, but the idea of in the middle of critical missions people going off shagging, the Michael thing with the other loony in series one, and the token gay thing for example. Its all too contrived and interferes in the believeability of the whole thing.
Um ok

Whenever the Klingons appear there are issues. Whenever Georgiou appears, there are issues. Some of the Klingons in makeup can handle the dialogue better than Yeoh, that's on top of the pantomime villain persona. The whole premise of the honourable warrior race and the top secret Fed organisation has been abandoned. The Klingons are basically religious savages and Section 31 might as well wear t-shirts with it on. Have we met anyone yet who hasn't heard of S31?

Still an improvement on S1 mind.

Are people really bothered about a gay couple? Jesus wept. It's not like you have to join in. Or that it's even overtly or hamfistedly done (I'm looking at you, Doctor Who). They're hardly prancing round the bridge in drag singing 'I Am What I Am'.

Morecambe and Wise were gayer than these two.

Well the new Discovery and Orville were both great. They fixed at least 4 big canon issues in Discovery, which has made me happy. Tweak the Klingons a bit further please.

After reflection ST:D had a few more issues that I first thought and went backwards compared to New Eden.

What four big canon issues? Did I miss something again?

Struggled a bit with episode three this morning, the Tilly/symbiotic thing is just irritating and the Klingon sub plot just didn’t feel right. Although it was interesting to see a nod to the classic D7 battlecruiser.

Episode 2 felt like proper Star Trek. It was refreshing to watch an episode and really enjoy something in the same mold as classic trek. Pike seems like a great addition and well cast, on top of the uncanny resemblance to Jeffrey Hunter.

Episode 4 is absolutely top class. I really hope they've signed Notaro on permanently.
Totally agree some of the stuff was laugh out loud. Star Trek has always been really professional people acting really professionally she a breath of fresh air.
It’s like someone in a real work environment who’s good at their job but doesn’t give a stuff what people think about them.

Are people really bothered about a gay couple? Jesus wept. It's not like you have to join in. Or that it's even overtly or hamfistedly done (I'm looking at you, Doctor Who). They're hardly prancing round the bridge in drag singing 'I Am What I Am'.

Morecambe and Wise were gayer than these two.

Rubbish man, they could be heterosexual and it would still be completely wrong.

Back