Star Trek : Discovery

Don’t worry, he goes where no man has gone before later.

Fuck me, big show just showed up on enterprise. Wonder how many heel/face turns he does in the episode.
I'm only 1 season in and Trip's already been pregnant, shagged a Princess, almost shagged the Dr's wife and has flirted with everything with 2 holes.

Boldly bucking where no man has bucked before. :cool:

I've just downloaded the Star Trek shorts and keeping them for the plane on the way home in 2 weeks.

Michelle Yeoh led Mirror Georgeiou/Section 31 spin-off has been confirmed :p
I think this is a huge gamble, to the point of being silly.
She's a character that we've seen very little of and they are going to put all of their eggs in one basket and base an entire series about someone we've seen for what, 3 hours total?

New trailer ouqt. Looks ok and they seem to have a bit more budget, but does look like it will continue to be the Burnham Show, rather than be about the whole crew.

Well. It's not perfect, but Season 2 opener is better than season 1's opener and better than just about most of the episodes in Season 1 too.

Quite ironic that The Orville has went the other way. The first 3 episodes of season 2 are shit compared to season 1.

Pike is played very well, possibly the best actor in disco right now.
I thought the way that Burnham talked over the captain, countermanded his direct orders and basically took over at times was unrealistic and over the top.
The use of those silly space pods instead of a shuttle was just an excuse to have fast and furious in space. It didn't feel right.
Some of the goofy humour was cringy and just didn't work.
Tilly's awkwardness used to be cute, now it just makes her look stupid.
You can see how they went massively over budget, it was like a movie.
Overall those issues were fairly minor

A definite improvement. Looking forward to next week

Well. It's not perfect, but Season 2 opener is better than season 1's opener and better than just about most of the episodes in Season 1 too.

Quite ironic that The Orville has went the other way. The first 3 episodes of season 2 are shit compared to season 1.

Pike is played very well, possibly the best actor in disco right now.
I thought the way that Burnham talked over the captain, countermanded his direct orders and basically took over at times was unrealistic and over the top.
The use of those silly space pods instead of a shuttle was just an excuse to have fast and furious in space. It didn't feel right.
Some of the goofy humour was cringy and just didn't work.
Tilly's awkwardness used to be cute, now it just makes her look stupid.
You can see how they went massively over budget, it was like a movie.
Overall those issues were fairly minor

I've enjoyed the first few episodes of the orville, definitely not as good as the first series, its just such a weird programme, all serious one minute then throws in fart gags or something similar! :lol:

Quite enjoyed that as a series two opener.

More interaction with the bridge crew, they have names! (Yay!) instead of just being glorified bridge extras.

The fortune cookie was a subtle nod to Pike’s future.

Back