Stadium improvement ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonsense. Its what's served up on the pitch that determines the atmosphere.two best atmospheres were the Everton and Chelsea game acouple of seasons ago....and the away fans could have been on the moon and it would have made no difference.
The atmosphere was miles better before the away fans moved, and I disagree that atmosphere is down to what happens on the pitch. The ambience changed when the away fans moved

The atmosphere was miles better before the away fans moved, and I disagree that atmosphere is down to what happens on the pitch. The ambience changed when the away fans moved
The atmosphere was definitely better with a full away end down at the bottom, BUT, how often do we get that? Burton for example brought about 60 fans in April, imagine the state of that in the lower bowl?

It really is quite sad if our fans need the proximity of away fans to make a noise. It should be about backing the team, not baiting the opposition. The Fulwell End never needed away fans next door to make a hell of a noise.

The atmosphere was definitely better with a full away end down at the bottom, BUT, how often do we get that? Burton for example brought about 60 fans in April, imagine the state of that in the lower bowl?
That's Burton, realistically we don't want to be playing Burton that much in the future

It really is quite sad if our fans need the proximity of away fans to make a noise. It should be about backing the team, not baiting the opposition. The Fulwell End never needed away fans next door to make a hell of a noise.
No but having them in the roker end helped, where they are just doesn't work, away fans bring something to the party. I wonder how much revenue we miss out on from away fans f***ing off a trip to us once they've been, due to them being stuck up in the gods

Last edited:
Surely you have seen how deserted that is? People have moved to the south stand
And that’s the problem. People from the north stand who never created an atmosphere when over there all moved to be a part of the atmosphere in the new singing end with no intention of contributing to it themselves.

Every time a group of lads tries to do something it’s embarrassing or tin pot or whatever. The atmosphere will only improve when the team does and the apathy in the fan base lifts a bit.

And that’s the problem. People from the north stand who never created an atmosphere when over there all moved to be a part of the atmosphere in the new singing end with no intention of contributing to it themselves.

Every time a group of lads tries to do something it’s embarrassing or tin pot or whatever. The atmosphere will only improve when the team does and the apathy in the fan base lifts a bit.
It was Martin o Neil's idea in the first place I think that says it all

Well clubs don't think so as they let thousands stand totally unchallenged.

Sooner safe standing is sorted the better. Daft how it is at the moment
It isn't enforced like it should be. Clubs have got lazy and accepted the situation

I agree completely on your 2nd point - the game needs to accept there are people who want to stand and people happy to sit
The last 2 trips to Wembley have had added stress for me about ending up in a standing section whereas clear, dedicated standing areas would work for everyone

From the amount wanting better internet connection in a football ground let's ban mobile phones might improve atmosphere :lol:
This is when I realised it was time to pack in falling asleep in the stands ang getting pissed off about not been able to check my accas, getting old is shite

Can we please stop singing that f***ing awful Elvis Presley dirge as well? It’s like a cremation song and depressing as hell, we never sing it properly no one knows the second bit and every other club that sings it sounds better than us

If we are to sing Elvis songs can we not sing something a little more upbeat like Burning Love or at a push Suspicious Minds (lyrics kind of fit our affinity to the club tbh)

If we are going to stick with it can we use the Leatherface version

Until the law is changed, football is a seated sport and people should respect that
:lol: You mean apart from all the clubs that have allowed it for a good while now in certain stands?

The law needs to catch up with the reality so clubs can actually make it safer.

Can we please stop singing that f***ing awful Elvis Presley dirge as well? It’s like a cremation song and depressing as hell, we never sing it properly no one knows the second bit and every other club that sings it sounds better than us

If we are to sing Elvis songs can we not sing something a little more upbeat like Burning Love or at a push Suspicious Minds (lyrics kind of fit our affinity to the club tbh)

If we are going to stick with it can we use the Leatherface version
We don't sing it right, that's true. Everything else you've said here is utter bullshit though.

Well clubs don't think so as they let thousands stand totally unchallenged.

Sooner safe standing is sorted the better. Daft how it is at the moment
Spot on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back