Stadium improvement ideas

Good to see fans queries relayed through the RAWA, are being listened to and acted upon by the club. Long may it continue.

Yes RAWA and yourself should take a fair wedge of credit for this, building a positive message to the wider support base, thus self promotion etc :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm talking about the 70s.

I just think it should be about more than "banter" with the opposition fans. It's not a culture I grew up with. The away fans then were an irrelevance - more often than not there weren't many of them anyway.
Yeah agree with you in regards to the old grounds created more atmosphere etc without away fan crack, but unfortunately times have changed and since weve been at the sol the atmosphere was definitely better when away fans were in lower bowl , I might of misinterpret you when you said it's sad I'm guessing you meant you wish it used to be the way it was

I'm talking about the 70s.

I just think it should be about more than "banter" with the opposition fans. It's not a culture I grew up with. The away fans then were an irrelevance - more often than not there weren't many of them anyway.

Away fans were more or less invisible at Roker. Even Spurs and Arsenal would only bring a few hundred up. The atmosphere cannot be manufactured or stage managed. When we play well in a game that matters the noise is there. It will come back again.

Last edited:
Aside from the replacement of the seats, just wondering what other renovations people would have made to the stadium?

I’ve said elsewhere I think the concourses in the lower bowl are inadequate for a stadium of that size, but nothing can be done about that now. I’m talking about realistic improvements.

I took the little ones on a stadium tour on Friday and lots of parts of the stadium were a bit grimey and in need of a bloody good clean. I don’t expect a palace, but it just looks a bit unkempt to me.

And before anyone says it, clearly these things are insignificant compared to magterson the pitch, but I think we should have a bit more pride in our stadium that’s all.
Before we look at seats, the concourse, the beer that’s in tap, the ticket office... Is there any chance we can upgrade the red and white parts that move around on the big green bit in the middle?

Can we go back to Roker Park?... the smell, the floodlights, misty rain, bovril, close to the pitch, the Roker roar, the paddocks, the fulwell, banter with the cops, banter with the players....Tina, Tina, .....oh and one other thing players that actually want to play for SAFC

The priority needs to be sorting out the kiosks. It takes far too long to get served and it’s embarrassing that we still have one person pouring drinks.

Although we now have contactless, really we should be moving to a cashfree concourse like at the new WHL

Turn down the hot water temperature in the toilets. It's ridiculously hot and you can't even put your hands under it. That would save some money too.

Fix the speakers. I can't understand a word the bloke says. Annoying for team sheets and stuff but worrying in case there was an emergency or something.

Just a general tidy up. Clean the build up of grime on the concourses, coat of emulsion on the walls, more bins as they always seem to be overflowing etc.
The hot water will be because of leginella, the taps you use are probably closer to the supply, its so it's still hot enough to kill it further down the hot water system.

Back