Stadium improvement ideas

Aside from the replacement of the seats, just wondering what other renovations people would have made to the stadium?

I’ve said elsewhere I think the concourses in the lower bowl are inadequate for a stadium of that size, but nothing can be done about that now. I’m talking about realistic improvements.

I took the little ones on a stadium tour on Friday and lots of parts of the stadium were a bit grimey and in need of a bloody good clean. I don’t expect a palace, but it just looks a bit unkempt to me.

And before anyone says it, clearly these things are insignificant compared to magterson the pitch, but I think we should have a bit more pride in our stadium that’s all.

Aside from the replacement of the seats, just wondering what other renovations people would have made to the stadium?

I’ve said elsewhere I think the concourses in the lower bowl are inadequate for a stadium of that size, but nothing can be done about that now. I’m talking about realistic improvements.

I took the little ones on a stadium tour on Friday and lots of parts of the stadium were a bit grimey and in need of a bloody good clean. I don’t expect a palace, but it just looks a bit unkempt to me.

And before anyone says it, clearly these things are insignificant compared to magterson the pitch, but I think we should have a bit more pride in our stadium that’s all.

I think Donald has previously said thsat some areas need a good coat of paint.

Turn down the hot water temperature in the toilets. It's ridiculously hot and you can't even put your hands under it. That would save some money too.

Fix the speakers. I can't understand a word the bloke says. Annoying for team sheets and stuff but worrying in case there was an emergency or something.

Just a general tidy up. Clean the build up of grime on the concourses, coat of emulsion on the walls, more bins as they always seem to be overflowing etc.

Turn down the hot water temperature in the toilets. It's ridiculously hot and you can't even put your hands under it. That would save some money too.

Fix the speakers. I can't understand a word the bloke says. Annoying for team sheets and stuff but worrying in case there was an emergency or something.

Just a general tidy up. Clean the build up of grime on the concourses, coat of emulsion on the walls, more bins as they always seem to be overflowing etc.

Some good points there I fully agree with. Give me a tin of paint, a Karcher and a sweeping brush and I’ll gladly lend a hand.

Yeah, they read out an announcement yesterday and my dad was like, I hope that’s not my car parked wrong! Couldn’t hear a word.

The stadium is twenty years old and yes things will corrode in our climate, seats first then the clean up. It's going to be an endless job.

As I said, I don’t expect a palace, but the stadium should be better maintained than it has been imo. Some jobs may need a lick of paint each season, others only every few years.

Last edited:

Aye you can nearly scald ya hands

They should take contactless card payments on the bars and food counters

Said before I think letting art groups or school kids have a panel on the concourse to decorate each with murals of their design, hold competitions for it? Bit of a clean up lick of paint elsewhere and sort the PA system.

Agreed but I think it needs to look more professional rather than rely on kids doing it. Local artists perhaps.

I'm also surprised we still haven't decorated the exposed concrete underneath the premier concourse. It's perfect for flags/banners, similar to what Man Utd have done at Old Trafford.

Agreed but I think it needs to look more professional rather than rely on kids doing it. Local artists perhaps.

Only we would see it so I would rather it was a community thing, get kids involved and a bit of pride in the works they have done, could do it every few years to keep it fresh.

Back