Spotify going up

How does their catalogue compare with Spotify? That's the only thing preventing me from shifting.

Sound quality on Spotify is pretty crap really. Starting to annoy me.
Got added to my dad’s family membership on Deezer recently, so I’ve been using that a lot more. Sound quality compared to Spotify is night and day.

To get the higher quality sound from Apple or Tidal, you’ll need better gear like good quality wired headphones or speakers and a DAC. It all gets a bit expensive.
If using wireless buds like most people, there’s no difference. I tried Apple Music and it was no better sound quality than Spotify

Apple music is better if you like to save and download music as well, the way it organises your library is far better and easier to navigate.

My set up is budget by audiophile standards, probably about £3k. Be running this via a Cambridge audio CXN V2 Network Streamer which has tidal built in, Cambridge cxa amp and bi-wired Q Acoustic Concept 20 Speakers. Even though the streamer cost a grand when it came out and has tidal, roon, deezer, Spotify etc all built in it still won't be able to play those massive hi resolution MQA files direct but flac and all the others are fine. I'm guessing there is a quite limited number of MQA material on there and 'lower' res files of the same tracks will likely be available too.
The search for perfection 👌 Admirable.

Quite like the hiss and crackle of an old record personally. Horses for courses.

Downloaded and signed up to the 30 day free trial of Tidal last night. Listened to stuff for 3-4 hours, mostly very good quality sound. Just transferred in a play list from Spotify 135 tracks, transfer took around 1 second. Amazing, has worked spot on.
Cambridge CXN V2 is playing the MQA files no bother also..

Last edited:
I see vouchers advertised for Spotify ranging from about £3 for 6 months supposedly in a sale to a tenner for a year. If they work that price is certainly a bargain.

I see vouchers advertised for Spotify ranging from about £3 for 6 months supposedly in a sale to a tenner for a year. If they work that price is certainly a bargain.

I found a place doing codes for Egypt, just used a VPN to open an account with Egypt set as the country. I have until 2025 loaded up. Get 12 month for about £25 I think.

Back