Spotify going up

Boot Cleaner

Striker
A whole extra quid. Bastards.

For the UK, the Premium plan now costs £10.99 per month, up from the previous price of £9.99 monthly. Various plans for multiple users have also gone up by £1 per month, with a Duo subscription now priced at £14.99 and a Family plan – covering six people – now faring at £17.99. So far, the only plan to remain unchanged is the Spotify student subscription, which remains at £5.99 each month.

For the UK, the Premium plan now costs £10.99 per month, up from the previous price of £9.99 monthly. Various plans for multiple users have also gone up by £1 per month, with a Duo subscription now priced at £14.99 and a Family plan – covering six people – now faring at £17.99. So far, the only plan to remain unchanged is the Spotify student subscription, which remains at £5.99 each month.
I'm fairly sure that the Duo is already £14.99 pm.

It’s cracking value imo.
We just get rinsed on gig tickets to make up for it :lol:

I remember in the early 90s paying £12-13 for a CD album. That would be £30-40 in today's money.

I cancelled Spotify a few months ago as part of a household cost cutting exercise (along with Netflix and some other services) but I found the free version too annoying so re-subscribed.

I wish they'd get their arses into gear with the hires version they've been promising but not delivering. Falling far behind Tidal, Qobuz etc in that regard. I'd switch to one of those but the rest of the family only want Spotify as that's what all their mates use, sharing playlists and suchlike.

It's supposed to be coming soon but they've been saying that since 2021 (and actually first mentioned it in 2017).

Last edited:

That's steep mind, I pay 9.99 euro for the family one

That's steep mind, I pay 9.99 euro for the family one

I think the UK has the second most expensive Spotify rates in the world after Switzerland. Their rates vary hugely from one country to another. Alas, there doesn't seem to be away of getting around it. Unlike Youtube where it's easy to get subs for under £1.50 a month.

Back