Sporting Director.

So you'd turn down someone like Rangnick or Wenger in a role because Di Fanti was a clown. I've heard it all now.

Di Fanti was an agent who exploited the idiots in charge here to feather his own nest and promote his “former” agency’s players - seems to be working for Wolves as a side note!

Rangnick and Wenger are football men through and through and the role of Sporting Director or whatever else you want to call it is very different from club to club.

Too many on here forming opinions from Football Manager or days of old!

Hugely in favour of a SD but only accompanied with a shrewd CEO - the two need to be hand in hand.

So you'd turn down someone like Rangnick or Wenger in a role because Di Fanti was a clown. I've heard it all now.

Rangnick and Werner sound like a German comedy double act. Might as well be to me. Never heard of them. They mean nothing to me.

And furthermore can you blame me for thinking that? Does anyone know what one is? What they do? It’s a new fangled role that wasn’t probably around till about 10 years ago.

Rangnick and Werner sound like a German comedy double act. Might as well be to me. Never heard of them. They mean nothing to me.

And furthermore can you blame me for thinking that? Does anyone know what one is? What they do? It’s a new fangled role that wasn’t probably around till about 10 years ago.

You've never heard of Ralf Rangnick or Arsene Wenger? You need to get out more.

Eh? He was still in goal for Man Utd then!

Edit: Seb about 4 times.

It's van da GouwI'm thinking of

In June 2007, Van der Gouw returned to England as goalkeeping coach at Sunderland, linking up with former Manchester United teammate Roy Keane. He was brought in to work in conjunction with Tim Carter, who served in that capacity prior to Van der Gouw's arrival,[20] and Carter eventually returned to coaching the team's academy players following the appointment.

Does the L'Equipe piece read as the four man shortlist has English and Scandanvians on it or that the consortium have set out to recruit an Englishman or Scandanavian? I assume the former, I can't see why they'd restrict themselves in this way otherwise.

Does the L'Equipe piece read as the four man shortlist has English and Scandanvians on it or that the consortium have set out to recruit an Englishman or Scandanavian? I assume the former, I can't see why they'd restrict themselves in this way otherwise.
Maybe they want a recruitment policy from countries that are used to the baltic weather :lol:

Looking at the article in French, it clearly translates as a shortlist of English and Scandinavian candidates. That doesn't mean that other nationalities weren't considered.

I know the appointment is nowt to do with the current board but Dave Jones has been bigging up his Coaches Voice interview with Ralf Rangnick, currently out of work and worked wonders as Sporting Director of the Red Bull teams up until last year. That would be my shout.
I was banging on about Rangnik nigh on 15 years ago on here.
If we were in the PL I’d go for Julian Stephan, in fact I’d still try. He can only laugh his bollocks off at us.
As long as the HangerOn brothers are silent partners I’d try for Poyet with MacLaren dofing and Marwood ceowing. They both live local iirc and I’d imagine would welcome a project that’ll take them to retirement.

Back