Sporting Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was banging on about Rangnik nigh on 15 years ago on here.
If we were in the PL I’d go for Julian Stephan, in fact I’d still try. He can only laugh his bollocks off at us.
As long as the HangerOn brothers are silent partners I’d try for Poyet with MacLaren dofing and Marwood ceowing. They both live local iirc and I’d imagine would welcome a project that’ll take them to retirement.

Cortese has apparently moved back to Hampshire recently, according to his Wiki.

If we were in the PL I’d go for Julian Stephan, in fact I’d still try. He can only laugh his bollocks off at us.
As long as the HangerOn brothers are silent partners I’d try for Poyet with MacLaren dofing and Marwood ceowing. They both live local iirc and I’d imagine would welcome a project that’ll take them to retirement.
FPP allegedly approached Marwood as he was recommended to them and he wasnt even interested in speaking to them. Didnt return the call. Again.. allegedly

Stephan would indeed laugh his bollocks given he's currently managing in the Champions League.

I don't think I'd have a problem with Mclaren here at any level to be honest. He wouldn't be a manager I'd want in the Premier League, but he's very knowledgeable on the game, highly rated in terms of coaching and will have loads of contacts. I'd take him as a DOF or a manager (though he wouldn't be my first choice for either).

Marwood is a pipe dream in my view, but I'd be very happy if you were right and he'd like a final project with his local club.

if that helps us to be more sensible in the transfer market then fine, but last time around it was disastorous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back