Sporting Director.

We need a culture change a set of principles.
Examples
1. Play 2-3 academy graduates every game.
2. Minimum level of athelticism for players we sign.
3 A club that is seen as giving players a start in their careers rather than a soccer retirement home.
Signings
I reckon only 10% of players we sign work out or we get a profit back, how do we change that. North east worst in the world at this , we need an answer or don't blow any more cash may as well put it to academy
Yes, totally agree - interestingly that is the complete opposite of Parkinson's philosophy.

It is mate. Roy even came out publically and said it.

Shows the kind of morons we have running the club. Points further to the idea that he'd have no interest in working for us with the full ownership from then being 40-49% of the new ownership mind.

I don't like the idea of Per-Magnus that has been suggested either. I've no idea what his skillset is, but we need a fresh voice, not a one that knows of failure here.

Shows the kind of morons we have running the club. Points further to the idea that he'd have no interest in working for us with the full ownership from then being 40-49% of the new ownership mind.

I don't like the idea of Per-Magnus that has been suggested either. I've no idea what his skillset is, but we need a fresh voice, not a one that knows of failure here.
Yeah, totally agree. Hardly inspires confidence does it, especially like you say he's been here before in troubled times. Not what we need.

There’s absolutely no money in Argentinian football mind
Not a chance...all of the local/regional authorities in Argentina have been steadily going broke since recession hit in 2018, the most recent region last week £65 billion although don't ask me to quote which one. Nee money in Argentina lads and lass'es despite having the most educated people in South America and natural wealth in food and minerals.
It said English or Scandinavian, not Dutch.
Hey up Stranger

Last edited:
McLaren is prob more suited to this kind of role. The question is who would want to work under him as first team coach. I would imagine they'd face all sorts of interference from him and would soon get pissed off.

I know the appointment is nowt to do with the current board but Dave Jones has been bigging up his Coaches Voice interview with Ralf Rangnick, currently out of work and worked wonders as Sporting Director of the Red Bull teams up until last year. That would be my shout.

fuck me. I thought my championing of Brian Marwood was ambitious :lol:

Our owners are more likely to appoint Ralf Wiggum

I'm not entirely sure we need a sporting director at this level, we just need competent people in the roles occupied by Rodwell and Parkinson. I'd quite happily see the back of Jones and Sloanes too though, so if a sporting director comes in and does all of that maybe it's not a bad thing.
Like a DoF, a sporting director is there to implement a vision and helps with the continuity.

Should be pretty handy given the rate we churn though staff and players

Like a DoF, a sporting director is there to implement a vision and helps with the continuity.

Should be pretty handy given the rate we churn though staff and players
Oh aye, but I think whoever it is needs a clean slate to work from, with the four I've mentioned all gone for starters.

We need a culture change a set of principles.
Examples
1. Play 2-3 academy graduates every game.
2. Minimum level of athelticism for players we sign.
3 A club that is seen as giving players a start in their careers rather than a soccer retirement home.
Signings
I reckon only 10% of players we sign work out or we get a profit back, how do we change that. North east worst in the world at this , we need an answer or don't blow any more cash may as well put it to academy
Agree and could add more, such as:
1. Use data to identify strengths and weakness of existing plsying squad.
2. Recruitment should address those weaknesses
3. Only purchase players where data supports a view that they are better than we already have or have the potential to become so.
4. Sign players with resale potential.
5. Consider players character during recruitment.
6. Build an identity and ethos within the club. This would include playing style club values/behaviours. Staff recruitment and retention to be driven by those values.

Yesterday a poster suggested that Danny Graham was recruited in the full knowledge that he had been unprofessional, unfit and over weight throughout his career. And that at 35, he was worth taking a chance on despite his previous poor performance at the club. That kind of thing should not be possible. Any staff suggesting such shite should be sacked.

Last edited:

Back