Speakman is Doing an Outstanding Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that be Lee Congerton who is now head of recruitment at Atalanta and has been linked to Man Utd?
Did a terrible job at Sunderland! If you’re in the know, you know the sale of Rodwell from his old club at City came with his strongest recommendation - and questions remain to this day. We were shafted - and City laughed - and Congleton knew all about the frailties of Rodwell at City. Questions still remain over his integrity at SAFC. Short thought about taking legal action against him - but all the talk was hearsay and there was no documented evidence.

But yeah you love him because he shafted the club - and because he’s not now at Sunderland! Stay awake!

4 strikers in the summer, one now on loan with Hibs and struggling to get a game, another who will go down as one of the worst loan signings ever by the club, Hemir nowhere near ready for championship football and Rusyn who is never a number 9 in a million years. Total of 3 goals and 1 assist going in to March. That on the back of 3 busted transfer windows, the sacking of a coach who dared question recruitment, an absolute narcissist brought in after 2 weeks of recruitment identifying the ideal coach to take us to the next level. I don't need a coaching badge or a degree in sports science to see what a clusterfuck its been since last January in regards to recruitment.
Yeah but but but we’ve spent less than Ipswich.

Did a terrible job at Sunderland! If you’re in the know, you know the sale of Rodwell from his old club at City came with his strongest recommendation - and questions remain to this day. We were shafted - and City laughed - and Congleton knew all about the frailties of Rodwell at City. Questions still remain over his integrity at SAFC. Short thought about taking legal action against him - but all the talk was hearsay and there was no documented evidence.

But yeah you love him because he shafted the club - and because he’s not now at Sunderland! Stay awake!
Rumours and nothing in fact. The same as there are rumours Speakman made money on the Jude deal.

Don't recall saying I loved him, just pointed out he is doing OK for himself
:lol:Aye and yet we still can't fix the bogs
Your obsessed with fixing the bogs man, don't you realise spending money on them could see us go bust ffs

Rumours and nothing in fact. The same as there are rumours Speakman made money on the Jude deal.

Your obsessed with fixing the bogs man, don't you realise spending money on them could see us go bust ffs
The fact he brought in Rodwell for 12 million and 40,000 a week on a four year contract is NOT a rumour!

This is the deal that sent us spiralling into League 1 and you’re applauding the guy who “did” the deal. Please keep quiet!

Last edited:

Wait until you get a bit older and need a piss after a swig of shite lager out of a plastic cup :lol: ;)

Anderson
Matete
Burstow
Bishop
Lihadji

There's 5 off the top of my head, then add in Hemir, Mayander, Triantis, that clearly aren't ready for first team duties this season and maybe not next season as they are young and need time

You can add….

Adil
Bennette
Bass
Djaku
Defoe
Alves
Hoffman

To your list. I always thought people were being paranoid when they said club stooges were posting on here in disguise, but this Birtley lad is another one, something not sitting right, and looking at his snap at Hongkong it seems so ott.

You can add….

Adil
Bennette
Bass
Djaku
Defoe
Alves
Hoffman

To your list. I always thought people were being paranoid when they said club stooges were posting on here in disguise, but this Birtley lad is another one, something not sitting right, and looking at his snap at Hongkong it seems so ott.
Adil i think will come good, but another that needs time in my opinion.

Even so between your list and mine that is 11 players Speakman has signed that havent been close to the require standard. If that was a Manager in charge they would be getting absolutely hammered

Even so between your list and mine that is 11 players Speakman has signed that havent been close to the require standard. If that was a Manager in charge they would be getting absolutely hammered

Fans are so scarred from league one they can’t see the wood for the trees. They don’t realise league one for a club like ours is a disgrace and it’s not some glowing achievement to get us out of there.

He initially done well, but over the last 12 months it’s been so shit it’s laughable, but people simply won’t have it.

Fans are so scarred from league one they can’t see the wood for the trees. They don’t realise league one for a club like ours is a disgrace and it’s not some glowing achievement to get us out of there.

He initially done well, but over the last 12 months it’s been so shit it’s laughable, but people simply won’t have it.
My concern is the squad is still unbalanced and lacking, but the finances appear to be so tight we will have to shift some out before bringing any in and that will slow everything down in the summer as we have players to shift first.

They’re not all expected to become immediate automatic first team selections at the prices being paid yknaar. There’ll be some total flops and some that come good quicker than others.
All of the forrin kids who haven’t played outside of their home countries and possibly struggle with the language need to be cut a bit of slack. Only a poster looking to wum a few others would be on both their and the recruitment depts cases to the extent that some have.
My concern is the squad is still unbalanced and lacking, but the finances appear to be so tight we will have to shift some out before bringing any in and that will slow everything down in the summer as we have players to shift first.
Employees can’t spend what owners won’t/can’t release.

Last edited:

My concerns run deeper than that. They’ve came in and done a job of getting us out of league one, on a very tight budget, but realistically that shouldn’t be a ridiculously hard job, but that being said I still applaud it, it’s was done fairly well, and some good players were brought in.

Initially in the championship, again decent, happy with it, bit of luck involved but there ya go.

However when it’s came to taking the next step, actually spending a little bit of money, adding quality and taking us to the next level we’ve hit a brick wall. He never got brum beyond this point, and there seems to be a big influence on putting players in the shop window rather than progressing us.

We’ve had so much crap off the field that they can’t seem to fix, and now we are going to such an important period, where we are going to sell 2 or 3 of our best players, and based on the last 12 months, I have very little faith Speakman will get it right based on what’s happened in the last 12 months when he’s actually had a bit of a budget.

If I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up, but I’m extremely worried to be honest.

They’re not all expected to become immediate automatic first team selections at the prices being paid yknaar. There’ll be some total flops and some that come good quicker than others.
All of the forrin kids who haven’t played outside of their home countries and possibly struggle with the language need to be cut a bit of slack. Only a poster looking to wum a few others would be on both their and the recruitment depts cases to the extent that some have.

Employees can’t spend what owners won’t/can’t release.
I thought I had been quite clear in saying some need time and won't be ready for a season at least.

Of the 2 lists, which ones am I being harsh on out of interest?

I thought I had been quite clear in saying some need time and won't be ready for a season at least.

Of the 2 lists, which ones am I being harsh on out of interest?
“11 players Speakman has signed that haven’t come close to the required standard” is what is quoted hence is what I replied too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back