Speakman is Doing an Outstanding Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can’t let this one through. I know from a very good source, long before it was in the press, that our principal loan target was Stansfield from Fulham. The club agreed with their management team the loan conditions and it was approved and endorsed by the Fulham coaching staff ( who were impressed by our style of play against them in the FA cup).

It was a total surprise that Stansfield stated, late in the day, that he did not want to go that far north, and I seem to recall some family matter being an influence. Burstow was the contingency plan and was conspired alongside Geldhardt very late in the window.
But Speakman claims we don’t play with a no.9

So Speakman was lying when he said that we had been pursuing Burstow for some time then :lol:
Mason Burstow joins from Chelsea
Don’t always assume people are wrong are making things up. The two statements aren’t incompatible! The club tracks a lot of players and signs a small proportion of those it tracks. I’m just telling you Stansfield was our number 1 priority and we thought it was in the bag until a last change of heart.

Burstow looked like an excellent loan signing, with even Chelsea fans surprised he was going out on loan. It clearly hasn’t worked out for him. These things happen.

Don’t always assume people are wrong are making things up. The two statements aren’t incompatible! The club tracks a lot of players and signs a small proportion of those it tracks. I’m just telling you Stansfield was our number 1 priority and we thought it was in the bag until a last change of heart.

Burstow looked like an excellent loan signing, with even Chelsea fans surprised he was going out on loan. It clearly hasn’t worked out for him. These things happen.
How did it look an excellent loan signing?
He was shite at league one Charlton.

Easiest job in the world - just criticise everything the club does. You’ve got the audacity to call yourself a supporter. Did you get a game for your primary school?
Now,now, just because you're showed yourself up on this thread doesn't give you an excuse to start being childish and throwing your teddies out the cot :lol:

Now,now, just because you're showed yourself up on this thread doesn't give you an excuse to start being childish and throwing your teddies out the cot :lol:
Did you get a game for your primary school? Ever coached?
🤣Now,now, just because you're showed yourself up on this thread doesn't give you an excuse to start being childish and throwing your teddies out the cot :lol:

Last edited:
Look him up yourself! He’s certainly done a great job compared with the likes of Robert Di Fanta and Lee Congleton ( think Jack Rodwell for 12 million).
Would that be Lee Congerton who is now head of recruitment at Atalanta and has been linked to Man Utd?
How very dare you!
I should know better than trying to discuss things with Speakmans dad

Last edited:
Look him up yourself! He’s certainly done a great job compared with the likes of Robert Di Fanta and Lee Congleton ( think Jack Rodwell for 12 million).
4 strikers in the summer, one now on loan with Hibs and struggling to get a game, another who will go down as one of the worst loan signings ever by the club, Hemir nowhere near ready for championship football and Rusyn who is never a number 9 in a million years. Total of 3 goals and 1 assist going in to March. That on the back of 3 busted transfer windows, the sacking of a coach who dared question recruitment, an absolute narcissist brought in after 2 weeks of recruitment identifying the ideal coach to take us to the next level. I don't need a coaching badge or a degree in sports science to see what a clusterfuck its been since last January in regards to recruitment.

4 strikers in the summer, one now on loan with Hibs and struggling to get a game, another who will go down as one of the worst loan signings ever by the club, Hemir nowhere near ready for championship football and Rusyn who is never a number 9 in a million years. Total of 3 goals and 1 assist going in to March. That on the back of 3 busted transfer windows, the sacking of a coach who dared question recruitment, an absolute narcissist brought in after 2 weeks of recruitment identifying the ideal coach to take us to the next level. I don't need a coaching badge or a degree in sports science to see what a clusterfuck its been since last January in regards to recruitment.
But apart from that he's done a cracking job :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back