Spanish ex-pats

I moved very shortly before we entered lockdown. When is it that you wanted me to change my address? The same day?

No, not the same day. If it wasn't possible then fair enough but if it was then ajo y agua as they say in Spanish.

Towards the end of 2019 The UK gov website advised citizens in Spain and probably other EU countries to make sure all of their documents are up to date ready for the switch. The British Embassy sent people around the country to hold meetings with UK citizens in Spain advising them what they should do etc. I didn't go but was given a handout from someone who did.

They started exchanging green cards for TIE's in July last year.

It was a very simple process and I don't know anyone who lives in or around the Basque country who has had any problems doing this.

I don't claim to be a Mr know it all but it's not always the fault of the Spanish system.

I think it was more the Andalus way of dropping the ends of words and even ends of sentences that they found amusing, as well as the "unclean" pronunciation.
It's not even just dropping the end of words, it's dropping things all over. For example, the suegros pronounce pescado as pecao. They drop the s in the middle and the ado becomes ao (ow sound). Is this ado to ao swap normal across the rest of the country?

Didn't even think about it like almost everyone else. Most of my colleagues and lads on here are in the same boat. However, the only place you can change it is in extranjeros, exactly where I was yesterday so it begs the question why didn't the lazy cow change it for me?
Been and done my TIE application today. Got an appointment to pick up my card in October.

Since my residencia I have changed my address (a couple of times) and changed my passport. No problems today though so if you haven't already done yours, you should be fine.

Genuine misunderstanding,
English people living in other peoples countries = expats
Foreign people living in England = immigrants

Immigrant is a person who has settled permanently in a foreign country whereas expat is a person who is living in a foreign country temporarily as far as I know.

Having lived in the Basque country for 16 years and no intention of living in the UK again, it's safe to say I'm an immigrant.

This could cripple my favourite Spanish town. Frigliana. It has a huge expat community and is a big draw for Brits. On the upside perhaps more Spanish folk will move in and make it Spanish again and not just a mini Gibraltar.

This could cripple my favourite Spanish town. Frigliana. It has a huge expat community and is a big draw for Brits. On the upside perhaps more Spanish folk will move in and make it Spanish again and not just a mini Gibraltar.
Frigliana is lovely and 70% of the population are Spanish, hardly Gibraltar.

When were you last in Frigliana?

Frigliana is lovely and 70% of the population are Spanish, hardly Gibraltar.

When were you last in Frigliana?

The fact I’ve never been is irrelevant. I like it as a place and would love to see it. That’s all that matters now till I go - if I go. That’s as much as you ought to expect me to give as a contribution. Oh and by the way before you start on that “till you go abroad don’t comment” bullshit may I remind everyone that if we only commented on things we had experience of you would never hear from half the people on the forum ever.

The fact I’ve never been is irrelevant. I like it as a place and would love to see it. That’s all that matters now till I go - if I go. That’s as much as you ought to expect me to give as a contribution. Oh and by the way before you start on that “till you go abroad don’t comment” bullshit may I remind everyone that if we only commented on things we had experience of you would never hear from half the people on the forum ever.
@gizmoganzee how do you wish to respond?

The fact I’ve never been is irrelevant.
:lol:

How is it your favourite Spanish town (it's a village) if you've never even been there? I lived there for a year in 2019. It's a quiet place, quite dull in all honesty. When the sunlight goes, everything shuts. Terrible in winter.

And yeah, 2000 of the 3000 population are Spanish. The other 1000 are a mix of English, Scottish, Germans, Nordics etc... It's far from just Brits in there although there are a few.

Back