Southern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had loads of Irish mates over the years. Played football for 12 years for an Irish club here and had absolutely no bother whatsoever.

My best man is from Dublin and has performed those duties twice admirably. We've been numerous times to Ireland and crossed into the North last time. I'm sure there are some bell ends with anti English sentiments as there are anti Irish bell ends a plenty, personally I've never had a problem in my 25years of being around them. Cracking lads & lasses imo.

This.
Nail on the head.

All the articles posted on here, which include stats and reasons given as to why irish people dislike the English, must be written by liars. Disgraceful tbh.

:(

Some positive news.

Apparently they will also never forget decades of us murdering their ancestors and trying to dismantle their culture either.

Here are the main things that Irish people absolutely hate about the English | JOE.ie
  • Football hooliganism
  • Brexit
  • They think they're the best at everything
  • Arrogance
  • Their obsession with winning the World Cup in 1966
  • Drunken people singing very loudly in the streets
  • Expecting everyone to speak English
  • Their obsession about Royal family
  • Binge drinking
  • Rudeness
  • Their tribal attitude to football
  • Their general 'pomp' when it comes to tennis and cricket
  • Going on about the war
  • The fact they seem to have no intention to learn any other language
  • Beer bellies
  • How much they moan
  • Wearing socks with sandals
  • Why people feel the need for orange fake tan in winter
  • They complain a lot
  • Their obsession with soap operas
Basically things people on here hate.:lol:

All the articles posted on here, which include stats and reasons given as to why irish people dislike the English, must be written by liars. Disgraceful tbh.

:(

Some positive news.

Apparently they will also never forget decades of us murdering their ancestors and trying to dismantle their culture either.

Here are the main things that Irish people absolutely hate about the English | JOE.ie
It started with the potato blight... Fact... What we did in 70s.. Was not good ... But history teaches us all

• Football hooliganism
  • Brexit
  • Arrogance
  • Binge drinking
  • Rudeness
  • Going on about the war
  • Beer bellies
  • How much they moan
  • They complain a lot
Yes but these type of lazy ' look at the English' stereotypes sometimes get applied to everyone including some of the dafter ones. For all those you listed I know far more people who would laugh at people like that than would actually fit the stereotype.

• Football hooliganism
  • Brexit
  • Arrogance
  • Binge drinking
  • Rudeness
  • Going on about the war
  • Beer bellies
  • How much they moan
  • They complain a lot

:lol:

I’m eligible for a paddy passport, but I’ve never really considered it tbh - even to remain European.

You might be the same mate, but do you have any embarrassing plastic paddy family? I have one that has a mock accent :lol:

I live in Europe, Spanish missus and child so it made sense. My dad was Irish and took me to Roker Park (RIP) so hes given me two wonderful things in life.
For the 90 euro it cost me I'm now one of Jacks boys in Green!

It’s never felt right to do tbh mate. I get the Brexit proofing but I’m not Irish.
If they're happy to call you Irish, then you're Irish. Do you not enjoy the odd half of Guinness, or a glass of Bailey's?

I'd have one like a shot, if I found one of my grandmothers had accidentally been born in Ballymoney or somewhere :lol:

Had a mate once who worked in Dublin and he perceived anti-english sentiment was very strong. He would get into taxis and sometimes receive smarky comments such as "you better behave yourself here" (wider perception that the English are disrespectful and unruly) as well instances of people shouting IRA slogans at him in pubs.

Had a mate once who worked in Dublin and he perceived anti-english sentiment was very strong. He would get into taxis and sometimes receive smarky comments such as "you better behave yourself here" (wider perception that the English are disrespectful and unruly) as well instances of people shouting IRA slogans at him in pubs.
He must have been wandering about dressed as John Bull or something then. Letting his mouth go maybe. Nowt like that has happened and I'm there a few times a year.

Shite bait by the OP, but not unexpected from him tbf

Pretty much this as I say every tedious time this thread pops up it’s ugly head.

The Irish don’t hate the English or any other nationality we just don’t tolerate cunts, simple solution, don’t behave like a cunt and you won’t get treated like a cunt
Nail on head.

They are sound in the main, few arseholes like everywhere else.
I had a gun pulled on me in the late bar of Jury’s Ballsbridge about 20 years ago.
Got told to fuck off we don’t serve English in a pub in Dungarven.

Other than that, that’s about it in well over a hundred trips over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back