Southern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenever I've been to an England v Ireland rugby international, the Irish fans have been spot on. It stems back from the early 70's when teams in the then Five Nations refused to play at Lansdowne Road because of the start of The Troubles.

England, who of all teams that would have the most legitimate of fears for their safety, refused to make a fuss, turned up and made sure Irish rugby wasn't isolated. They've never forgotten that hand of friendship when it was needed.

I can't think of a single Irish person I've met, either here or in Ireland, who haven't been anything other than welcoming and decent crack.
I remember the English team got so much respect, from the Irish players and supporters.

Had loads of Irish mates over the years. Played football for 12 years for an Irish club here and had absolutely no bother whatsoever.

My best man is from Dublin and has performed those duties twice admirably. We've been numerous times to Ireland and crossed into the North last time. I'm sure there are some bell ends with anti English sentiments as there are anti Irish bell ends a plenty, personally I've never had a problem in my 25years of being around them. Cracking lads & lasses imo.

Take it the OP has never been
This.

Last edited:
The anti English thing does still exist in Ireland, but it’s not as bad as it used to be.

Big groups of English lads visiting Dublin and Cork will attract the moron element and might get a bit of abuse, but normally the tourist bits are fine.

Sunlun born and bred and just done a Cascarino. My plastic Paddy passport keeps me European - great set of lads the Irish. May retire there one day

The British isles to me is like smoking when at school.

England get the best of the tab and decide what the scroungers get.
The Northern and Southern Irish can have a few off. They’re fine by me.
The welsh get the last few draws of the tab when it’s got a wet end and nothing left hardly.
The scotch should have to make a rolly out of the dog and they’ve picked out of the bin.

If it wasn’t for us the British isles and it’s economy would resemble dijibouti

Sunlun born and bred and just done a Cascarino. My plastic Paddy passport keeps me European - great set of lads the Irish. May retire there one day

I’m eligible for a paddy passport, but I’ve never really considered it tbh - even to remain European.

You might be the same mate, but do you have any embarrassing plastic paddy family? I have one that has a mock accent :lol:

Last edited:
I have plenty of English mates living over here and none of them have told me of any hatred. Actually one of my best mates is in Sinn Fein and is a staunch Republican. He's married to an English girl.

Then again I live in Eastern Ireland.:lol:

Potato famine will never be forgotten... They will never like us...
A bit like Poppies and 1966.:lol:

Shite bait by the OP, but not unexpected from him tbf

Never encountered any anti-English sentiment from the Irish folk I know, like. Maybe it's because I'm not an arsehole.
Pretty much this as I say every tedious time this thread pops up it’s ugly head.

The Irish don’t hate the English or any other nationality we just don’t tolerate simple solution, don’t behave like a and you won’t get treated like a

All the articles posted on here, which include stats and reasons given as to why irish people dislike the English, must be written by liars. Disgraceful tbh.

:(

The anti English thing does still exist in Ireland, but it’s not as bad as it used to be.

Some positive news.

Apparently they will also never forget decades of us murdering their ancestors and trying to dismantle their culture either.

Here are the main things that Irish people absolutely hate about the English | JOE.ie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back