Southern Ireland

I even met the late Dolores O'Riordan in a Co, Cork bar, some years ago, when myself and my mates from Waterford went to watch the Limerick vs Waterford, Senior Hurling game.
She was a Limerick lass and was in the bar after the game and we got chatting for ages about the hurling and music
She gave me her phone number to call to get on the VIP guest list and go backstage to meet the band when they played in Newcastle.
She was rumoured to be stand off-ish but she was the absolute opposite.
She was very sociable and funny (I've never met any Irish who aren't sociable)
She was a lovely but tiny, slip of a woman with a huge personality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southern Ireland? Or the Republic of Ireland?

I’m sure the op doesn’t mean the Republic of Ireland seeing as Donegal is the the most northern county in the Island of Ireland.

He can’t be that thick surely?

Oh just another shite attempt at being a wum?:rolleyes:

I’ve worked quite a bit in Ireland and never had any bother at all. Great bunch of lads and the women are generally gorgeous.

The people I met in Ulster, on the other hand, were pretty awful.

Will its people always hate the English?

Things have been a lot better, thankfully, but it seems to be simmering again.

Brexit might see it all kick off again.

If it goes back to the bad old days it'll certainly put the so called problems with Muslims into perspective.

Must have been to Ireland about a hundred times. Cannot think of ever getting grief, and that includes being in Derry in the 198os. I’m sure there has been the odd comment thrown my way, but cannot remember anything major. My mate got called an English bastard in Killarney about five years ago but that’s been as bad as it has been.

Annual trip to the Galway Festival at the end of the month - wouldn’t miss it for the world. No where more welcoming than that city and the west of Ireland.

Love the place, cracking people for me. And I don’t have an Irish bone in my body.

Back