South Tyneside Bin Strike

Had my blue bins emptied for the first time since November yesterday. Pleased about that but the level of communication has been shocking.
Its piss poor. Their "oh just bring it to tip"

Yeah i wanna put a shit load of food waste into my car and drive it to tip.

Pickup is meant to be tuesday here still not been. Then you have issue you leave them out gos you aren't sure when they will turn up, some numpty but 1 wrong item in your bin, say tskeaway pizza box and they slap that yellow tag in saying they couldnt take it due to incorrect contents

Pickup is meant to be tuesday here still not been. Then you have issue you leave them out gos you aren't sure when they will turn up, some numpty but 1 wrong item in your bin, say tskeaway pizza box and they slap that yellow tag in saying they couldnt take it due to incorrect contents
It's not the bin men who make the rule though

I think they are catching up from the previous week. Our blue bin was due to be emptied last Thursday but was done on Wednesday. The rubbish bin is due today but if they are 3 days behind then it looks like I’m going to the tip or skips if they set them up.

Tip run booked for Sunday night on my way to work .
Used the skips at latimers last time got to say the lad and lass looking after them couldn't have been more helpful took the rubbish out of my boot and chucked it in the skip for me.

If the residents are unhappy with their council they should contact

Back