South Stand officially named as...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will never be the waft of piss and pasties, like the old roker end.

Or the unfortunate view ower the back wall of blokes pissing in the open toilets. :lol:

It was a shithole, but I loved it dearly. Miles better than any modern, soulless bowl. I can still remember going to evening matches, the butterflies in my gut as the floodlights came into view. The smell of pies, pipe baccy...
This could turn into 'Eeh! Ah remember when all this were green fields!'

I think the west stand will be named the sir bob Murray stand when berb eventually departs us.

Shouldn't need to wait until then. For all the man's failings his legacy to this club is there for all to see in the Stadium and the Academy then add to that what's been done with the Beacon.

Not for me. Roker Park will clearly always have a special place in many supporters hearts but the SOL is not RP.

I'm all for adding more SAFC culture to it, murals, banners, flags, chants, the seat change etc but lets move forward. Calling it the Roker End is just trying to hark back to the past.
I don't mind commemorating RP. But as I said earlier if that was the case it should have been 'Roker Stand.'
'Roker End' instead commemorates one sole end of that ground. And end that used to house away fans too. Including 1000s of mags.
Wonder why that end and not one of the other 3

1. The roker end
  2. The Wearside End
  3. The Colliery End
  4. The Raich Carter End

Didn't like any of these much and whilst I understand the nostalgic appeal of the Roker End, RAWA got carried away having all the other options end "End" - no imagination at all. Personally, I'd have gone for the Wearmouth Stand (not an option) or Raich Carter Stand - opted For Westside End of those listed.

Still, 70% of 13,000 can't be ignored. The Roker End it is and as an irregular who heads there when attending matches I look forward to the name change and owt else that comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back