South Stand officially named as...

Missed a huge opportunity here to turn the spotlight on our far more illustrious past. Additionally I doubt the name will stick whereas the Gurney end would have done eventually.
I think Roker does highlight our past. Maybe not so much with younger football fans around the country, however older ones will remember how Roker Park and the Roker Roar were synonymous with Sunderland's illustrious past

Whatever happened to those banners that used to be hung at the back of the south west corner? One said from cradle to the grave or something and I think the other mentioned Roker? They should become permanent fixtures along the railings at the front of the stand.

We’ll obviously need a lot more as well like to make it hold any water whatsoever.

Good points.
About the other 3, I actually didn't mean the SoL but the other 3 in RP - as in why was Roker end an option, but for example Fulwell End, main stand and clock stand weren't considered?
If we were to use the names Fulwell end Clock stand and main stand there would sharp be some moaning Minnie saying the main stand dosnt face towards Maine

I get the sentiment and I’m all for our spiritual and greatly missed former home being remembered but I might have thought this was a better idea 21 years ago rather than now

Just a humble opinion

Or the Raich Carter Stand,Charlie Hurley Stand, the Bob Stokoe stand...despite Quinn's affinity with the club, he was only here for a fraction of the time, the achievements of others deserve a much greater deal of consideration.

To be honest i would like to see some nod, to some of the modern legends, and Quinn seems a good idea because of all he did for the club giving us our pride back after the two of the worst relegations in premiership history, plus all the work he's done for the community at large

He's already got a bar
He deserves a stand not a bar

Or the Raich Carter Stand,Charlie Hurley Stand, the Bob Stokoe stand...despite Quinn's affinity with the club, he was only here for a fraction of the time, the achievements of others deserve a much greater deal of consideration.
Quinn may of been here a shorter time but he played on one of the best sides in recent times . He played in goal. He managed the club. He f***ing bought the club .

To be honest i would like to see some nod, to some of the modern legends, and Quinn seems a good idea because of all he did for the club giving us our pride back after the two of the worst relegations in premiership history, plus all the work he's done for the community at large
I can see where your coming from but Quinn was ,imo, found missing when things were going from bad to

worse so recently..I would have liked him to have been more direct and proactive in the issues at the club, on field and off. Sadly,like quite a few more, he kept his head down.

He deserves a stand not a bar

Quinn may of been here a shorter time but he played on one of the best sides in recent times . He played in goal. He managed the club. He f***ing bought the club .
And bailed when the cost ran out of his control. Look, I do admire him for what he did for the club at a very serious time but he and Drumaville also caused a lot of the problem of giving his/their managerial choices millions to waste. For a football man such as Quinn I find that hard to fathom out. I still love the times he gave us but........

Yeah the fans voted for it

and they all wanted that name

so not sure what the fuck you are on about.
democratically voted...:)

Back