South Stand officially named as...

And bailed when the cost ran out of his control. Look, I do admire him for what he did for the club at a very serious time but he and Drumaville also caused a lot of the problem of giving his/their managerial choices millions to waste. For a football man such as Quinn I find that hard to fathom out. I still love the times he gave us but........

democratically voted...:)

aye apparently 70% of Sunderland fans are embarrassing

I think its shit. It doesn't even face toward Roker.

It would have been better named the Trimdon St Incinerator stand.
Imagine thinking it has to point in that direction. It’s just a bit of sentiment. Get a fuckin grip you prick.

FFS there are some right whinging fuckers on here, it's the Roker end get used to it!!!!!
Exactly. We’ve got much bigger things to worry about.

Niall Quinn Stand for that one sounds better.
Fuck that.

Imagine thinking it has to point in that direction. It’s just a bit of sentiment. Get a fuckin grip you prick.

Exactly. We’ve got much bigger things to worry about.

Fuck that.
The Roker end was the Roker end and can never be replaced. We left Roker Park behind and that is where the sentiment should stay.

The SOL is it's own entity and should be named as such.

Cut the abusive language out too.

I'd have gone for the Colliery End as a better way to acknowledge the City and Club's past.
In second I'd put Raich Carter.
Third I'd pick the Roker End simply because the Wearside End is the worst suggestion of them all.

Pointless now mind as I didn't see the poll in time.

He deserves a stand not a bar

Quinn may of been here a shorter time but he played on one of the best sides in recent times . He played in goal. He managed the club. He f***ing bought the club .
To be fair there was a clamour to name a stand after him under short and Quinn came out to say he didn’t want a stand named after him. In fact, could be wrong, but I think that’s when they started calling the sports bar Quinn’s.

It's got a kind of nostalgic sentimentality to it, which is different to commemorating a great player of the past. True, the Roker End was a magnificent sight before it had to be reduced in size, but it wasn't the main focus of our noisy support from the moment they put a roof on the Fulwell End. By 1997, it was a sad crumbling shadow of what it had been.
The Roker End expressed our character for decades in the paddocks, Roker and Fulwell as they grew to adulthood. Football remembered the Roker, not the Fulwell. Perhaps unfairly, but that was how it was.

I welcome the new Roker End.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back