South Africa v England 1st test - Centurion

Your first sentence is all relative as we playing a side a lot worse than we were in the summer so we should be doing better than the summer as the Aussies miles better than this South Africa side.

Not sure I’d go that far tbh. Australia are nothing special, and we had home advantage there against the Saffers being at home now. Think you’re doing the Saffers a bit of a disservice

Obviously a lot of disruption to the team before and during this game but we were well and truely spanked by a team that’s lost it’s last 5 test matches. Picking it apart....

Burns - Looking like a long term solution
Sibley - Scores too slowly for me, jury’s out but I don’t like him.
Denly - As good a player at 3 as we have, stays.
Root - Played well second innings.
Stokes - Shoe in until he can’t walk anymore
Bairstow - Needs to forget Test cricket for at least a season, maybe more. Looks shot to bits.
Buttler - Given the right set up by the top order will win England games in one session at the crease. Persist.
Curran - Reminds me of the bits and pieces cricketers we had in the 90’s. All fart and rarely shites. Not a bad game here though by any means.
Archer - Looked more like it, persist.
Broad - Did ok, stays.
Anderson - Look at his figures compared to Philander’s. Stays, but on this showing the exit door looks close.

Last edited:
Its his first full test back in 10 months? I think someone like Anderson deserves at least till the English summer before judge whether or not he's over the hill.

English cricket can’t wait another summer. Even if he does half well, can you see him being the answer to bowling out the Aussies twice on drop in pitches next winter?

I hope he picks up his form in this series and he can because the SA batting line up is shite. But he’s surely into his unofficial testimonial time now?

Last edited:
English cricket can’t wait another summer. Even if he does half well, can you see him being the answer to bowling out the Aussies twice on drop in pitches next winter?

I hope he picks up his form in this series and he can because the SA batting line up is shite. But he’s surely into his unofficial testimonial time now?

Why is the only thing that matters who can bowl out the aussies in 2 years time

no offence but right now I couldn't give a shite about that like, we have important games and series to win

Nonsense, we'd have won the Ashes with Anderson fit, people have very short memories

why is it testimonial time? he was literally bowling better than he ever had before his injury
Its his first full test back in 10 months? I think someone like Anderson deserves at least till the English summer before judge whether or not he's over the hill.

aye, mental how quickly someone willing to write off our best ever bowler, as he say, before his injury he was bowling as well he ever had

needs time to get back into it.

Archer is the bigger concern for me, needs to figure out how he wants to bowl quickly
Not sure I’d go that far tbh. Australia are nothing special, and we had home advantage there against the Saffers being at home now. Think you’re doing the Saffers a bit of a disservice

Aussies attack is one of the best in modern times

England did really well in that series, without their best player, and would have won at Lords but for rain

not sure why everyone was so negative in that series like, we did well

Last edited:
Why is the only thing that matters who can bowl out the aussies in 2 years time

no offence but right now I couldn't give a shite about that like, we have important games and series to win

Nonsense, we'd have won the Ashes with Anderson fit, people have very short memories

why is it testimonial time? he was literally bowling better than he ever had before his injury

aye, mental how quickly someone willing to write off our best ever bowler, as he say, before his injury he was bowling as well he ever had

needs time to get back into it.

Archer is the bigger concern for me, needs to figure out how he wants to bowl quickly

Aussies attack is one of the best in modern times

England did really well in that series, without their best player, and would have won at Lords but for rain

not sure why everyone was so negative in that series like, we did well

We could be bottom by next June at this rate. Some people need smelling salts Live Cricket Scores & News International Cricket Council

The Aussies have the best batsman and bowler in the world and are on a upward trend, this South Africa side is a bad a side they have had in years.

Thinking of having a bet on England to win the series at 5/1 which is not a bad price and that's mainly because I think South Africa a poor side and with Markham out for the series that will weaken their team even further.

Obviously a lot of disruption to the team before and during this game but we were well and truely spanked by a team that’s lost it’s last 5 test matches. Picking it apart....

Burns - Looking like a long term solution
Sibley - Scores too slowly for me, jury’s out but I don’t like him.
Denly - As good a player at 3 as we have, stays.
Root - Played well second innings.
Stokes - Shoe in until he can’t walk anymore
Bairstow - Needs to forget Test cricket for at least a season, maybe more. Looks shot to bits.
Buttler - Given the right set up by the top order will win England games in one session at the crease. Persist.
Curran - Reminds me of the bits and pieces cricketers we had in the 90’s. All fart and rarely shites. Not a bad game here though by any means.
Archer - Looked more like it, persist.
Broad - Did ok, stays.
Anderson - Look at his figures compared to Philander’s. Stays, but on this showing the exit door looks close.

Philander and Rabada have been the best two bowlers this decade by average and strike rate alongside Steyn (which says something about South Africa being a good place to bowl too tbf). Anderson is number four - it wasn't his best game, but we can't be expecting him to outbowl Philander.

Agree with every other word, though I want them to stop bowling Archer as a four over bang it in bowler. The lad likes long spells - he gets faster - and he bowls better when he's used as a line bowler, before working up to full tilt. If we want a four/five over bang it in bowler, pick Wood and drop Anderson or Broad (I wouldn't, yet, though I think we are looking at Broad-Archer-Wood/Stone for the Ashes). The Saffers show the way with Rabada. They haven't asked him to become the new Morne Morkel, they are letting him bowl his natural game. Very similar bowlers - Rabada is the example Archer should look at.

Last edited:
he was playing the best cricket in his career, got injured, he’s played 1 test since n you think he should be retired

Im confused

He’s at the arse end of his career. Hoping he’s going to prop up the worst England test team for 20 years for the next 5 years is folly. But I reckon folly is the only thing Giles will rely on. He’s another clueless fucker.

Does that clarify it enough?

He’s at the arse end of his career. Hoping he’s going to prop up the worst England test team for 20 years for the next 5 years is folly. But I reckon folly is the only thing Giles will rely on. He’s another clueless fucker.

Does that clarify it enough?

not at all, not even remotely

what has 5 years could to do with it?

This team is far worse than the sum of its parts. Yeah there's filler, but 4 players in that team could be classed as all-time greats and aren't performing anywhere near their potential. Archer is one of the most exciting bowlers to have emerged in a generation and we are making him look village, using him as first change.

You need to give Silverwood a fair crack of the whip, but I can't help thinking we needed a new pair of eyes, like bringing in Bayliss to sort out the ODI side in 2015, rather than appointing from within a struggling set up. Other than some pleasing batting of Burns and Denly I am struggling to think of any positives from these tours.

Back