Some people getting very carried away about winning today

Is there a more bipolar forum on the Internet? Seems like some of our "fans" would rather us lose so they can moan about anything and everything. Were in the best position we've been in since we left the prem, get behind the team or fuck off you mag wankers
The problem with this forum is a lot of fans like to be as melodramatic as possible to get noticed.

Not carried away, but pleased with the way we fought for the win in very difficult conditions. These are the sort of wins that "make you" as a team.

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
Actually, I'm getting carried away by the fact that this post is as full of bullshit as your post yesterday about Stewart and Doyle not playing.

Hang on.

Today was a game we simply had to win.

We won.

It's not good enough? 🧐

i think what he means is the manner of how we win.
yes a away win is a good result BUT the way we were hanging on as we have done for most of our wins is a little concerning. We are hardly blowing away teams like Shrewsbury and Cambridge.

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.

We have lost too many but we have avoided the drawing habit this year, which has been a problem ever since we arrived in this league.
i think what he means is the manner of how we win.
yes a away win is a good result BUT the way we were hanging on as we have done for most of our wins is a little concerning. We are hardly blowing away teams like Shrewsbury and Cambridge.

In fairness the strength of the wind meant it was destined to be a game of two very different halves.

I am amazed we kept out all those second half corners given how weak we have been defending balls into our box the last few weeks. The lads may take some confidence from that.

Last edited:
5 points would be OK so long as we don't lose to Oxford or Plymouth. 7 would be great.
I could have done with getting carried away after the match. My back was knackered in that cold wind. I had to sit with it against the radiator in the Devonshire for an hour just to finish the walk to the station.
Did you not wear your thermals?
I could have done with getting carried away after the match. My back was knackered in that cold wind. I had to sit with it against the radiator in the Devonshire for an hour just to finish the walk to the station.
Did you not wear your thermals?
Think I'll pack it in and buy a pick up. Head on down to LA.
See the lonely boy, out on a weekend.

Last edited:
I'm happier with today's win than last Saturday.
The first half was high tempo high press that we did so successfully the first 8 games or so this season.
The 2nd half was a really good defensive display, after being bullied a bit in recent games, to deal with abour 75 corners pumped into the box and dealt with well by defence and keeper has also encouraged me.
I'm not saying we've turned the corner, but I feel more optimistic

Agree with the first half, we came out and pressed high from the start.

The second half - a good defensive display? Yes, but that was partly our own making. We blocked but didn't regain possession, and when we did we conceded it cheaply, and that kept the pressure on. But we stood tall. Couldn't be happier with the result.

Other positives: Wright looking strong again. Winch showing he can do CM as well as RB; Gooch back up to speed. I hope Evans is OK because we'll need him. But I can't help thinking that the revised line up with Gooch brought back in and Winchester to CM proved better.

This was only Cambridge's 3rd defeat at home, a place where Ipswich, Wigan, Sheffield Wed & Oxford have failed to win. My take is a great 3 points, not the best performance but the spirit is there. Let's get to January being there or thereabouts and see what pans out after the window.

Everyone I spoke to on train coming home was not getting carried away but just loving an away win, the huge dip was always gonna go 2 ways and they would either crumble completely or learn from it and get stronger as season goes on. The youngens and team showed great character yesterday and grinding out that result was a huge positive for me lets see if we can back it up and kick on , we have seen they have the talent to beat anyone in the league.

Never ever happy man

Not easy coming off the back of a poor run particularly with a young team and an injury list. Conditions didn’t help anyone yesterday.
All about confidence and that win should all be about that as well as another week closer for players returning. As simple as that.

Back