Some people getting very carried away about winning today

Inclined to agree. Today was a game we simply had to win if we have any ambition of finishing top 2. Hanging on again. It’s not good enough.

What would you suggest or imply we do differently? Our main objective is promotion this season and we are in a reasonably good position.

I wouldn’t have thought anyone is getting carried away by today‘s game.

We beat the side who are currently 15th in the table and while any away win is an excellent result, any side with even playoff aspirations needs to be collecting a maximum points return from these sort of games after Tuesday nights slip up.

The old 2 points a game yardstick is just about in reach - get there and maintain it or better it to make us realistic automatic promotion contenders.

It's extraordinary to think that we're still just three points behind Rotherham, with a game in hand. But it's nothing to be carried away by and I doubt that many are.

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
Who is “carried away”? Long posts don’t always you can, well, understand our need to win games. And others don’t.

I’m not LJs biggest fan, but the LJ out brigade need to accept he’s going nowhere and just get behind the team.

Yes, we’ve played badly in recent weeks, but a few months ago it was the best we’d played since we’ve been down here. This is a young team with a lot of injuries. Let’s give them our support.

We’re 3 points off top with a game or two in hand over everyone above us. Only Wigan have won more games than us. This suggests changing manager is getting carried away, not the other way around.

Some people want to be negative. I want to be positive. Today was a bonus as that was a pure lottery. However it’s rare we come down the lucky side.

i think the majority of fans are frustrated with the fact we should be clear now but have blown some opportunities and had our goal difference decimated.
We are in a good spot but it could’ve been better.

Some people want to be negative. I want to be positive. Today was a bonus as that was a pure lottery. However it’s rare we come down the lucky side.

i think the majority of fans are frustrated with the fact we should be clear now but have blown some opportunities and had our goal difference decimated.
We are in a good spot but it could’ve been better.
The OP started a thread a month ago about how Lee Johnson had 'grew on him' but less than 2 weeks later he was slating him, absolutely mental.

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.

We went through a bad patch before the international break, confidence was low. They've come back after it and taken 7 from 9, 5 goals and 2 conceded. Played some decent football and have defended well enough.

The OP started a thread a month ago about how Lee Johnson had 'grew on him' but less than 2 weeks later he was slating him, absolutely mental.
Aye. Some people are quick to nail their colours to the mast but aren’t really sure so then change their minds like the wind. i

I am still very much undecided on him, I thought last season was a free shot and he failed,this season started well but has dropped away of late this week has padded us up nicely, I just don’t know if he’s capable of getting it right 85-90% of the time to get promoted. I want to be proved wrong but he’s not giving me confidence and I’ve been leaning towards out the last 4/5 weeks

You’re the biggest mood hoover on here mind. I think after the recent shit run people are just enjoying a win for once.

Considering the conditions in that second half it was a superb result and much needed after the way results went our way today, bar Wigan.

I’m upset with the way things have been going as much as the next person, but we need to win these kind of games if we’re finally going to get out of this shit hole of a league. Enjoy the win.

Hopefully this is our turning point.

Back