Some people getting very carried away about winning today

Your team are shit, your fans just moan, you’re living in the past.
Best fans in the Country my arse........

Now if they strikes a reaction then it was intended.
Why not just take the result, the belief and hope. Because right now you have everything to believe in. Don’t over-think this, football fortunes can change in a heartbeat.
Most down here would bite your hand off to have what you have and I know expectation will be thrown back in my face but it will come right with or without Lee Johnson.
Saturday night you win - Surely you can leave it at that, just maybe?

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
We beat Cambridge and God today

I'm happier with today's win than last Saturday.
The first half was high tempo high press that we did so successfully the first 8 games or so this season.
The 2nd half was a really good defensive display, after being bullied a bit in recent games, to deal with abour 75 corners pumped into the box and dealt with well by defence and keeper has also encouraged me.
I'm not saying we've turned the corner, but I feel more optimistic
I don’t think the OP was there.

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
That’s the spirit!

Naff off. Wet blanket.

I don’t know anyone getting carried away with today’s result and anyone who is wants a word with themselves

Why not just take the result, the belief and hope. Because right now you have everything to believe in. Don’t over-think this, football fortunes can change in a heartbeat.
Most down here would bite your hand off to have what you have and I know expectation will be thrown back in my face but it will come right with or without Lee Johnson.
Welcome to Sunderland apathy. I know we’ve been through less real shit than your lot, but the fall from grace had very affected us more than we’d like to admit I’d say. When theirs real hope again support will go mad once more

Last edited:

that’s what it used to be like when all you relied on was the Sports Echo on a Saturday night. Social Media brings out the most negative sides of people

I don’t know anyone getting carried away with today’s result and anyone who is wants a word with themselves

Welcome to Sunderland apathy. I know we’ve been through less real shit than your lot, but the fall from grace had very affected us more than we’d like to admit I’d say. When theirs real hope again support will go mad once more

It will and I hope so.

We drew against the football giant Harrogate known for its tea rooms than its football and 70 or so fans could easily make us think how low we have fallen.
However it’s both expectation and progress.
This club has been battered and abused for years off the pitch but we have a crumb of hope again and that is everything right now.

You have lost your way. Absolutely envious of your support and could only dream of being part of that.
Once it “goes” it will be superb. I know how impatient we can all be mate.
that’s what it used to be like when all you relied on was the Sports Echo on a Saturday night. Social Media brings out the most negative sides of people

Totally agree with you and same for us all.
Notwithstanding the years roll by quicker and we all crave for better times.
......that and feeling the bastard cold.

Last edited:
Nobody is getting carried away, but you mention the aim is to be in the top 2, we are 3pts off top of the league. Plus keep hearing about how good Rotherham are and how bad were have been over the last few weeks yet they are only 3pts ahead of us
So we can't celebrate a win now? This place is nuts. Some are only happy if they're in a state of negativity it seems.
Some on here seem to like to be negative, even when we win. People keep going on about how good Rotherham are yet they are 3pts ahead of us
People happy at going from 1st to 5th . Our last home game we didn’t have a shot on target until after 80 minutes. On Tuesday we couldn’t beat 10 men. Today we are hanging on against a side 16th . Do we sound like a promotion team?
Hanging on ? They had a bit of pressure by using the wind and pumping long balls into the box, Hoffman only really made 1 save of note, and we had the best chance to kill the game off. We are 3 pts off top spot, so yes we are a team in the mix for promotion

Last edited:
Nobody is getting carried away.Think I'm old fashioned me, I've always just enjoyed a win, without over analysing what's to come or speaking hypothetically about how we'd fare against so called better opposition.There's no stand out sides in this league, I mean, are Plymouth shit now because they've lost a few?I think for the foreseeable certain people are going to put a relatively negative slant on most performances, win lose or draw because they don't like the manager, and that's fair enough, it's a free country, I'm personally just hoping we recruit well in January and we ALL have a positive outcome come May.

Back