Some people getting very carried away about winning today

We have lost too many but we have avoided the drawing habit this year, which has been a problem ever since we arrived in this league.

In fairness the strength of the wind meant it was destined to be a game of two very different halves.

I am amazed we kept out all those second half corners given how weak we have been defending balls into our box the last few weeks. The lads may take some confidence from that.

it is weird how the elements only seem to effect us. Just as they did in the Portsmouth game and at MK Dons yesterday when they scored 2 goals in each half. Maybe the wind changed direction at halftime? 😂

I fail to see how and why anyone can get carried away after that game or any other win. One win does not turn us into Liverpool FC. We still play like we do. We still have the players we do. We still have the manager we do. Nothing will change about us winning till we change as a team. Every win is won at some struggle with players who play poorly. Every win is won with some uncertainty about whether or not we can be able to win the next game.

I fail to see how and why anyone can get carried away after that game or any other win. One win does not turn us into Liverpool FC. We still play like we do. We still have the players we do. We still have the manager we do. Nothing will change about us winning till we change as a team. Every win is won at some struggle with players who play poorly. Every win is won with some uncertainty about whether or not we can be able to win the next game.

yes. we could win the next 3 games and suddenly everything is hunky dory, until the same streaky Manager goes on a winless run at the business end of the season. It has happened to him several times now and yet people still chose to ignore it.

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
Dry your eyes

A win is a win so not to be sniffed at especially with our injuries but people need to learn the lesson assuming games in hand are just points in the bag. How many good performances in the league has there been the last 8 games or so? Lets not forget the aim is top 2 which means winning most weeks. I’ve never seen such excitement cos we have beaten a team 15th in the league. There is some terrible teams in this league so we will win games but do you think we would beat rotherham, would we go to Ipswich and win etc?? We have lost 5 games in 18 and now have a stack of injuries so let’s not get carried away and don’t just think 3 home games in a row equals 9 points. It won’t with this team and manager.
And people get carried away when we draw or lose a game and immediately want LJ sacked. We are fifth in league, 3 points off top. Loads of injuries, loads of kids in their first full season and it absolutely baffles me why people are consistently so negative.
Yesterday was a brilliant result. That second half was as tough as it gets. They bombarded us and we held firm. It was brilliant from the lads. Yet folk are still unhappy

And people get carried away when we draw or lose a game and immediately want LJ sacked. We are fifth in league, 3 points off top. Loads of injuries, loads of kids in their first full season and it absolutely baffles me why people are consistently so negative.
Yesterday was a brilliant result. That second half was as tough as it gets. They bombarded us and we held firm. It was brilliant from the lads. Yet folk are still unhappy
This is the most Bi polar forum ever on the internet

i think your use of words are incorrect. Folk are still unhappy because we won or because they feel LJ is not the right man For the job?
Some people judge by he bigger picture and not just the last result.

i think your use of words are incorrect. Folk are still unhappy because we won or because they feel LJ is not the right man For the job?
Some people judge by he bigger picture and not just the last result.
Ive highlighted our league position within the context of our injuries and age of squad. It just baffles me how all the experts on here believe LJ should be sacked a few months into season. Surely by now folk have to accept we are at this level for a reason and no matter how much the podcasts bang on about it being unacceptable we have no divine right to walk this league. That would only be case if we spent vast sums of money and had a vastly superior squad than everyone. Which we don't

I know what I’ll do, I’ll start a thread telling people to stop enjoying a win because we’ve lost ‘5 games in 18’. Also known as, won the 2nd most games in the league, also known as, 7 points out of 9, also known as 3 points off top with a game in hand.
You can frame your mindset in a number of ways marra, give it a rest if people want to enjoy a win

This is the most Bi polar forum ever on the internet
I think its a perspective thing between fans and as a metaphor the 'glass half full/glass half empty' is applicable. Both sides have some valid arguments and both sides are over-cooking the objective facts, with a particularly vocal minority of the 'half full' fans who think we should be thankful for any result.

The problem with the 'le grand plan', Johnson and the entire structure of the club can be summed up in the sides who've come straight back down again. Does anyone seriously think this squad, with a few new signings could survive in the championship ?

Agree with the first half, we came out and pressed high from the start.

The second half - a good defensive display? Yes, but that was partly our own making. We blocked but didn't regain possession, and when we did we conceded it cheaply, and that kept the pressure on. But we stood tall. Couldn't be happier with the result.

Other positives: Wright looking strong again. Winch showing he can do CM as well as RB; Gooch back up to speed. I hope Evans is OK because we'll need him. But I can't help thinking that the revised line up with Gooch brought back in and Winchester to CM proved better.
Aye, I really meant it was a good defensive display by our defenders 2nd half, who had little respite from midfield. They dealt with so many corners and pressure.
It looked like we reverted to 4 at the back 2nd half. Dajaku didnt come back much , and Gooch never went forward. I assume he was told not to. If was a shame as we often lumped it forward and lost posession.
So that's what filled me with more confidence , that our defence and Hoffman coped fairly well with a really strong wind which resulted in loads of dangerous corners being whipped in. Confidence must have been shot after Rotherham and sheff wed.
Other than dead balls though, I don't think Cambridge created anything and we really had the 3 of the best chances of the half.

Winning most weeks is not the be all and end all, 27 and 26 wins other than the Covid season was enough to win the league the other 2 seasons.

This is League 1, the third tier of English football. 😉

Ive highlighted our league position within the context of our injuries and age of squad. It just baffles me how all the experts on here believe LJ should be sacked a few months into season. Surely by now folk have to accept we are at this level for a reason and no matter how much the podcasts bang on about it being unacceptable we have no divine right to walk this league. That would only be case if we spent vast sums of money and had a vastly superior squad than everyone. Which we don't
Weve got to get away from using injuries, age if the squad as excuses. Last year in the 10 match run without a win it was injuries and too many games etc. it’s as if no other team in the league has injuries or similar problems most with much smaller squads than ourselves. That said we are now in a good position and long may it continue. It’s been strange though we have had some terrible performances and results of late and the last 3 games I think we have been fortunate to get the 7 points out of 9 that have turned things around. Let’s hope that it has given the confidence the lads need to push on in these next 3 home games and yesterday was a bit positive.

Last edited:

Back